5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book on writing
This review probably will not pertain to you, probably will not be "helpful". I have little interest in architecture, but I discovered that this book presents me with an extended metaphor for a subject I teach: writing. I've read dozens of books on writing, but I guess I needed to hear old concepts taught in a fresh way, to have then sneak up on me, to see them...
Published on 5 Aug 2011 by Peter Stephens

2.0 out of 5 stars Well-designed emptiness
This short, postcard-shaped book is organised as a series of short observations about the practice of learning design. It is explicitly aimed at students of architecture: the author touts it as the book he wishes had existed in his own student days. However, it may be read by anyone interested in architecture who wonders how architects are trained to think about the...
Published on 30 May 2010 by Paul Bowes

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for eveyr architecture student!, 27 Oct 2010
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
This book is really easy to read and at the same time is very useful! The size is perfect for an everyday journey, too. I would recommend this book to every architecture person.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little kick starter, 24 Sep 2010
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
Great little kick starter when low on morale! I sometimes find myself down in the dumps, stuck on an idea but a little flick through this helps clear my head. Great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had this book last year when completing my studies!, 25 Aug 2010
M. Gamal (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
I have just fnished my last year of architectural education when I was told about this book by a friend, and how I wish I had it during my studies! By the time I got to my 6th year as a student, I had begun to question what I had learnt, and whether I'd learnt that much at all, and how in the world our complex student projects will be compared and marked.

This book sets up these exact same concerns, and provides answers! I would recommend it particularly to students of architecture. For graduates and practitioners, it might be a useful reminder of those subtle ideas and design methods which can be forgotten, such as the importance of having a concept, how to arrive at one etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent!, 20 Jan 2010
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
A great little book! So enjoyable to read. Excellently presented. Very inspiring for not only architecture students but art and design students as well. A unique treasure. I wish there were more books like this!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BIBLE, 9 Nov 2009
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
An absolute must have for any enthusiastic architecture student, this book will teach you every actual FACT that exists concerning architectural design and concept, as well as many small but useful tips and lessons eg: How To Draw A Line. Its amasing how many people dont know.
BUY IT

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 July 2014
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
very handy for my course

4.0 out of 5 stars superb!, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
Got this as a birthday gift for my niece who is an architectural student and she appreciated it very much!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
I gave it as a present to someone, I already had one and it's a very nice book for everyone but especially architecture students off course!

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is..., 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
101 Useful tips for architects, or at least I assume they're useful as I'm not an architect :p It has humour and insight, although does not go into great details, so if that's what you expect look elsewhere :p

5.0 out of 5 stars 5*, 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
i loved it!!! i found it so helpful, especially as a first year architecture student. i often found that my lecturer's speak in terms that are long winded and hard to understand. this book really clears things up!! especially in the way it speaks of the importance of the 'process' rather than the finished result!!!! definate 5 stars!!!

101 Things I Learned in Architecture School
101 Things I Learned in Architecture School by Matthew Frederick (Hardcover - 9 Oct 2007)
9.29