on 6 May 2010
This book is great, it sets up many different calculations on Excel and is a very good learning tool. My only criticism is that it's a fairly basic grad-level book about financial modelling. I would have liked more Time-series analysis and some applications of new research.
on 14 November 2011
This book is very good in presenting basic financial calculations in Excel, and Visual basic. It could be a bit better at portfolios, but then there is no real competition in the area.
on 4 August 2012
...if I'd just bought this book. It was the only worthwhile piece of study material I used in college, and taught me all the skills I needed to get my finance degree.

If you are going to work in an investment bank, commercial bank, as a trader in any field, or even in accounting or business and you need some excel knowledge, this book will have it.

Recommended.
on 26 September 2012
I used this book for my finance project and methodology and this book was fantastic at every aspects. It explains step by step how to solve financial modelling queries on excel. Although, it was later discovered that I could have solved this through one of the learning videos on youtube:(
This book is highly recommended to anyone who wants to understand financial modelling and it suitable for any levels.
on 5 April 2013
I bought this book following the advice of my finance teacher in order to create advanced tools for my personal portfolio. This book has proven useful and handy. The format is rather big, and an electronic version would be greatly appreciated
on 13 July 2014
Great book. Using this as part of my studies and it is easy to understand and follow with great excel worked examples. Contacted the author to get access to materials and received a very quick response. Will be purchasing the 4th edition.
on 29 January 2015
It is very useful as it says clearly about the model and even its alternative
on 27 October 2014
Good quality
on 29 April 2015
Perfect
on 12 March 2012
Book is voluminous and table of context is promising. However, models are pretty basic and you will learn the same stuff free on web or elsewhere.
More complex models and especially modelling tricks would have been nice, but this one is for someone with no modelling skills. This good as the first book.