5.0 out of 5 stars concise, incisive and convincing
I read this as a refresher to get the latest information on climate change, just for my personal interest. It's a brief yet informative read, perhaps useful as a primer for those unfamiliar with the science or those wishing to understand the possible consequences. It's written in an accessible style and only took me around two or three hours to read.

As a...
Published on 7 Jan. 2013 by D. Rollinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Short and to the point
Too short, and lacking in detailed arguments to support my case against sceptics. One for the already committed, I think.
Published 23 months ago by D. W. Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars concise, incisive and convincing, 7 Jan. 2013
D. Rollinson (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

As a layperson I found the scientific explanations straightforward and convincing. A clear picture is painted of the overall physics together with the delicate (and rather fortuitous) atmospheric balance we ended up with in our time (at least until very recently). The complexities and difficulties of the science are explained, which are ultimately it seems due to the "chaotic" nature of the climate system.

The political analysis is also interesting, for example the suggestion that fossil fuel dominance owes as much to government interference (subsidy) as it does to laissez-faire capitalism. You're left with the optimistic impression that it's only a matter of time before US climate policy becomes bipartisan like much of Europe.

Overall an authoritative, concise and measured overview of climate change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and informative, 20 Feb. 2013
A concise, thorough, and excellent review of the state-of-the-art in climate science.

Compulsory reading for all who care about the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short and to the point, 8 April 2013
D. W. Scott "Ozidug" (Paddock Wood, KENT United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What We Know About Climate Change (Boston Review Books) (Hardcover)

What We Know About Climate Change (Boston Review Books)
What We Know About Climate Change (Boston Review Books) by Kerry Emanuel (Hardcover - 28 Dec. 2012)