1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Bird of Passage (Paperback)
I've just finished listening to this book (audiobook) and I must say that I really enjoyed it. It's not an action book by any ways, but it has an important lesson to teach, especially when it comes to judge other people whose lives are hidden from us and we don't know what tragedies happened to them in the past. The characters are very well formed and after finishing with the story I feel that I know all of them: some of them become my friends too through the story. Especially Alison, the main character in the book, with her quiet, dignified manners. People relate to her very differently, misunderstand her only because she used to be a celebrity, the men all fall in love with her, the women are mainly jealous of her, but nobody knows her secret and all the sufferings she had in the past. There is only one person, the most unlikely person, who understands her and helps her through the events with his love.

As the story moves ahead, we can feel the tension rising and it is a shock when we learn her secret, what really happened to her. By the end of the book we all want to story to be resolved in a positive way. I'm glad Alison found true love and another chance to have a happy life in her home town.

I recommend this book to everyone who likes stories that have a deeply moving effect on people.

Bird of Passage
Bird of Passage by Nicola Thorne (Paperback - 1995)
Used & New from: £0.01