4.6 out of 5 stars1,531
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 January 2013
The Lord of the Rings - easy to read on Kindle with excellent format. Delivered very quickly, a great book!
on 19 August 2015
What can I say about this Trilogy that has not been said already. You either love it or hate it. Brilliant
on 8 March 2014
This is the fourth time I have read it and I have enjoyed it just as much. I would recommend it to anyone.
on 7 January 2014
Very good book, you experience so much more than the movies and get a lot more background and characters !
on 23 December 2013
Have been looking at this for some time and at the price of 6.99 I could not resist it as was the Hobbitt.
on 4 December 2013
It's thinner than other editions, so it's not as heavy as them, so it invites you to read it and enjoy it.
on 5 December 2000
If I hadn't already read Lord of the Rings (a couple of times), I would probably be put off reading it by previous reviews here. The reviewers seem to be divided into two types: the majority who can't enthuse enough about the AMAZING, LIFECHANGING experience this novel is, and those who wearily wonder what all the fuss is, claiming the book to be dull and childish.
Normally, this would set off all of my alarm bells: fans are obsessed with it, normal people find it unreadable. Avoid. However, I'm glad to say that this is not that type of book: it's a genuine classic of English Literature. Like most classics, not everybody will love it, but its appeal extends far beyond fans of fantasy literature.
So, as with any book it's possible that you will not like it, but this book comes with such a weight of recommendation that you really shouldn't miss out on reading it. The odds are pretty good that you will find it as intensely rewarding as do the rest of the world.
on 12 August 2013
And great to have on kindle - now I don't have to lug the three volumes around with me. I love this book!
This is just what I thought it would be. Super happy and it is very cheap! :-) I can only recommend this.
on 2 February 2013
i am very happy with the lord of the rings books and very happy with the posteds and how quick they came.