4.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket
Despite being written over twenty years ago, the content seems to me to be as relevant and applicable to today's environment as it was when it was written. The book provides a good many examples of 'how to write a good article' and very much leaves you in the mood to 'have a go'.
Published on 11 Mar 2009 by R. Guyon

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, pompous rubbish
Published on 22 Oct 2012 by BerwickBabs

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 11 Mar 2009
R. Guyon - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Resource!, 5 May 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Magazine Article: How to Think it, Plan it, Write it (Paperback)
This book is probably the most focused, practical book on the market. Full of ways to find writing ideas, organize them, and get them down on paper in a captivating way. For anyone searching for a resource written just for writers, you'll find it here. Great book, Peter!

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, pompous rubbish, 22 Oct 2012
BerwickBabs (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
I have never written a negative review, ever. But I feel thoroughly ripped off with this book. I bought it because I teach magazine journalism to students and although I have had many years in the industry, I wanted a little extra inspiration for a lecture on how to write a feature article. Unfortunately, the content reads as if it was written in the last century - everything about this is over-wordy, out-of-date verbiage that would be of absolutely no use to anyone writing in today's magazine market. The examples are so ancient I think they must've been written on cave walls. Had I not spent good money on this book, I could have laughed out loud at the writing style, which makes Charles Dickens look modern and succinct. If you are looking for practical, twenty-first century, real-world advice, please do not go near this book.

The Magazine Article: How to Think it, Plan it, Write it
The Magazine Article: How to Think it, Plan it, Write it by PP Jacobi (Paperback - 17 April 1997)
Used & New from: £0.21