5.0 out of 5 stars A wholesome adventure story you and your child will love!, 26 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Keeper of the Bees (The Library of Indiana Classics) (Paperback)
A wounded soldier escapes the hospital to find the ocean and die there. Instead he stumbles across an elderly man, who himself must be hospitalized, and the old man begs the soldier to take care of his bees. The soldier lives in the old man's house near the beach and with help from the neighborhood "Scout" (a child) learns how to care for the bees and himself. A mysterious woman appears and he finds himself embroiled in a secret marriage - but you'll have to read the book to find out what happens next! This one's a keeper for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Family "Read Aloud" book, 14 Nov 1998
By A Customer
We couldn't put the book down. Our family regularly shares great books aloud. This ranks as one of our very top top favorite shared books. As an extra we learned alot about bees, and so enjoyed the Characters and the powerful way their lives intertwine and impact the other. Great outcome too. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good reading again, 21 Jan 1998
By A Customer
I have a first edition of this wonderful book, left to me by my grandmother. This is a book that I have read many times and it makes me feel wonderful each time I read it. If you are interested in introducing your children to good, clean, old fashioned values - as well as teaching them that reading can be fun - then this is the book to offer. It was the first book that I ever read that I "couldn't put down". It was the first time I stayed up all night to read. Miss Porter wrote a story about good people - not perfect people. It tells the story without making the characters saccharin sweet. Each of the characters is believable and very human. The only "down" side to this book is that there is one short passage that comes across as a little "preachy", but it can be forgiven in light of the subject being discussed. The only other downside to this story is that it is too short. I wish she had written a sequal.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books ever written!!, 22 May 1999
By A Customer
I read this book to myself at first and then with my family.I like the book because good character and fabulous morals shine through the detailed words. It's hard to find authors who have their focus set on what truly matters any more, God.

ARRAY(0xae000f0c)

The Keeper of the Bees (The Library of Indiana Classics)
The Keeper of the Bees (The Library of Indiana Classics) by G Stratton-Porter (Paperback - 1 Oct 1991)
11.99