Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 November 2013
Very nice photos, well researched and presented. However, I would have liked to see details of mixture composition, which I know is readily available for the 'well documented' instruments, in particular the use of 'tierce' ranks in mixtures. Also, I feel that it would have been appropriate to have a more 'in-depth' study of some of the famous instruments which have survived in a more-or-less original state: perhaps a Silbermann, Hildebrandt, and Trost.
on 23 September 2015
I have many books about organs and also about Bach. Some are quite grand and a few rather rare. This one paperback pulls together so much that I want to know in a clear and concise manner that it is already established as the go to source in an overcrowded bookshelf. Highly recommended.