5.0 out of 5 stars Game types, and who plays what
Published on 18 July 2002 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled, not a videogame in sight.
Published on 30 Jun 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Game types, and who plays what, 18 July 2002
This review is from: Man, Play and Games (Paperback)
I purchased this book by recommendation from a University lecturer. I found it very useful as I am completing a dissertation on Computer games and gender differences. This book puts types of games into groups with different types of people playing these games. It explains what we get out of these games personally, mentally, physically and Emotionally. I would recommend it to anyone interested in games evolution and how they affect our daily life.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled, not a videogame in sight., 30 Jun 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Man, Play and Games (Paperback)
I bought this book because of the previous customer review thinking it would be relevant to gender differences in computer and videogames. I was very much mistaken. This book was written before videogames had even been invented, it talks mostly about traditional games such as sports and board games and gender aspects of it. If you think this may be relevant to what you need then by all means by this book but if you need discussion of gender issues in videogames then this NOT what you're looking for.

Man, Play and Games
Man, Play and Games by Roger Caillois (Paperback - 1 Aug 2001)
Used & New from: 8.98