5.0 out of 5 stars Power Struggles, adventure, mystery in the Asimovian manner
Indeed, there's disagreement as to whether this is the first or second Empire novel chronologically, but it's not important since there are no common characters and Earth is peripheral to the events in either novel.
Published on 29 May 2003 by Neal Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read
Published 22 months ago by digit

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Struggles, adventure, mystery in the Asimovian manner, 29 May 2003
Neal Reynolds (Indianapolis, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Stars Like Dust (Paperback)
It is good adventure, and there is a fair mystery as to who's responsible for the primary character's death. Of course there's romance complete with complicating misunderstandings, and more importantly, there's the continual power struggle emphasized in the Empire and Foundation novels. And there's some good old fashioned space opera action as the main characters search for the planet harboring a group of rebels. This is classic science-fiction, but don't let that scare you away. There's nothing stodgy about the good Dr. Asimov's story telling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Up to Asimov's usual standard, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Stars, Like Dust (Paperback)
As good as all the rest of Asimov's novels.

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Stars Like Dust (Hardcover)
For me, this is one of Asimov's best long stories. I first read it over 40 years ago and have returned to it a few times since along with The End of Eternity which I read around the same time. Asimov was adept in his stories at creating entire societies and introducing interesting sci-fi technologies into them. The adventure-detective story nature of this novel is engaging. My original paperback with its long-detached cover still resides in a cupboard at our house, but it has been nice through Amazon to get it back into my library proper, this time in hardback.

5.0 out of 5 stars A less well-known book, but merits re-reading, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Stars, Like Dust (Paperback)
I'd only read this book once before; having found it impossible to find in bookshops I borrowed it through my library and they had to borrow it from another library in another part of the country on my behalf.

I had been re-reading my almost complete set of Asimov and when I saw 'The Stars, Like Dust' was available through Amazon I decided I had to have it. The binding is different [larger] format than most of my other Asimov paperback books (I have a few in hardcover too), but it contains the story so that is all that matters. I'm pleased I now have almost all of his SF writings, either in book form or on my Kindle.

2.0 out of 5 stars more probelms, 18 Mar 2011
K. Davis - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Stars, Like Dust (Paperback)
ordered a hard copy but a paperback arrived

Amazon were very helpfull in sorting this out

Stars Like Dust
Stars Like Dust by Isaac Asimov (Hardcover - 7 Aug 1986)
Used & New from: £0.74