5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition to any learning library
This is a great book for anyone learning Spanish. The reality is we don't all speak Oxford English and neither do the spaniards :) understand the colourful curses of our Spanish friends.
Published 12 months ago by mrs alicion barnes

3.0 out of 5 stars Very rude, very funny...
Don' buy this if you are easily offended. Some of the language is quite strong ,but useful if you need to swear in Spanish!
Published on 3 Feb 2012 by Clare

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition to any learning library, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Harrap's Pardon My Spanish! (Pocket Slang Dictionary) (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very rude, very funny..., 3 Feb 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Jan 2011
I bought this for myself many years ago and again more recently for some of my students (they're Spanish). They all loved it. While some words or expressions don't seem to make sense, aren't translated properly or aren't really used (all of these could be because of the region where I live or where the person who did it comes from) ... the rest of the stuff is great and makes you laugh. Don't buy it if you're easily offended ... this is a dictionary of swear words and slang after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate and muy divertido!, 12 Aug 2014
Lost track of how many of these books I have purchased for friends, especially Spanish friends who are amazed at the accuracy and find it absolutely hilarious!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for Spain - useless for other hispanic countries, 15 July 2007
Seb Le Vers "Sebby" (Canberra, Australia) - See all my reviews
Even though it's conceivable that a book that focused on Spanish slang from all hispanic countries would be enormous, I find this book inadequate. The slang that it contains only makes sense to a spaniard - I have friends from Latin American and I tried using some of this stuff on them and they didn't have the slightest what I was saying.

Even the English translations are obscure if you are not fully versed in the British slang vernacular. My impression is that this book is only for the truly crass British tourists holidaying on the Costa Del Sol. Avoid and find a better source.

Harrap's Pardon My Spanish! (Pocket Slang Dictionary)
Harrap's Pardon My Spanish! (Pocket Slang Dictionary) by Jose A Galvez (Paperback - 23 Feb 2007)
Used & New from: £4.79