5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!
Published 18 months ago by CMP

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the beach
Amusing in parts but Polly's long daydreams were much too frequent and vacuous. Just became interminably boring. Not nearly as good as "My Husband Next Door" which was much more three-dimensional and thoughtful. That was an excellent book with "real" characters.
Published 16 days ago by Why?

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, 8 Feb 2013
CMP "Chrispy" (Northampton United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Old-Girl Network (Paperback)
I had not come across Catherine Alliott before but will certainly buy some more of her books. I just loved this. Of course, Polly is beyond belief, the fibs....well!! However, as I rarely if ever laugh out loud at something in a book, this was a first, quite hilarious in places! I could hardly stop reading it. I loved Polly's flights of fantasy. Maybe the whole story line was unbelievable in retrospect but, suspend belief and enjoy! The ending was a real surprise too. I see there is a sequel 'Going too Far', it doesn't seem to get all good reviews in Amazon but I must get it and am hoping for another enjoyable read!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Old-Girl Network (Paperback)
Amazed that no one has ever reviewed this book. How has it slipped through the net? I read it many years ago and, as with all Alliott, loved it. Come on ladies, reward this fab writer with kind words please.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Dec 2012
I really enjoyed this book, interesting and fun, not too silly like some of her books but still with lots of humour.

4.0 out of 5 stars Catherine allotted, 20 Nov 2012
I always enjoy her books and this was as good as all the rest. Well written and a nice relaxed read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good holiday read for the stressed., 18 Mar 2014
I have read most of Catherine's books now. I am glad that I can still chuckle quite loudly at her Heroines predicaments.

A lovely book although somethings stand out as out of date. Smoking in Restaurants.

I don't think that half the workforce would be away if the boss wasn't there.

I love these books as a good wind down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Old-Girl Network (Paperback)
I have recently re-read this book after reading it years ago when it was first published. I loved it then and wondered if would have me laughing out loud second time around. Well I wasn't disappointed! Found myself crying with laughter at the freezer scene and the main character Polly is just priceless! I love all Catherine's books (with the exception of One Day in May which lacks her trademark humour) and this one and it's sequel (Going too Far) are my favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual High Standard from Catherine Alliot, 11 Nov 2013
Great Book - good plot, plenty of laughs, usual stuff from a reliable author

Thank You for the speedy fulfilment of my order

5.0 out of 5 stars So So Funny .... My Fave CA book so far ...., 17 Oct 2013
F. Smith (Norwich England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Old-Girl Network (Paperback)
Brilliant and funny, this story will have you laughing out loud. Really funny main character, a girl you can really identify with and feel embarrassed for ....I love the way CA just writes it how it really is! she gets it spot on all the time. This is a fab book, 10/10!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Old Girl Network, 30 July 2013
This review is from: The Old-Girl Network (Paperback)
Another great Catherine Alliott book, her books are so well written and witty, loved the main character in this book so much I've ordered the follow on book 'Going too Far' and I can't wait to see what she gets up to.

5.0 out of 5 stars the story held you, 24 Mar 2013
It was fun reading and kept you interested into what was going to happen next The plot was goos and the outcome though predicted was satisfactory

The Old-Girl Network
The Old-Girl Network by Catherine Alliott (Paperback - 10 May 2012)
5.59