5.0 out of 5 stars Darker than some, 25 Jun 2013
Douglas Hamilton (Arran, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Not That Kind of Girl (Paperback)
As I've said before, I enjoy all of Alliott's books. This one is different in that it has some darker episodes in it, making it all the more realistic. Not quite as many smiles and laughs, but they're still there and as usual you're kept guessing how it will end.
I think Alliott is a really good writer and would recommend any of her books (to me, she's on a par with Wendy Holden). If you want only the lighter atmosphere go for 'A Crowded Marriage' or probably any of the others, but if you don't mind empathising with the harder things like coping with a loved one who has dementia, then go for this one. It's not all darkness and there is much to smile at and sometimes just have a good laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not that kind of girl, 16 May 2014
This was a brilliant book that I just could not put down. Catherine Alliott has become a firm favourite of mine. Taking my comments into account you will understand why I gave 5 stars for this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read from Catherine Alliott, 22 Feb 2014
Dawn Talbot (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Typical Catherine Alliott, with quite quirky,unusual characters and interesting storyline. If you liked A Rural Affair you will probably enjoy this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, one of her best i think, 17 Oct 2013
F. Smith (Norwich England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Not That Kind of Girl (Paperback)
Having read the majority of CA books, i would say this one is one of her best, along with old girl network and the wedding day.
Very well written, good characters and plot line, quite guessable but thats not a bad thing as i like to be proved right!! Im pleased with the ending, it was the right thing to do. Not all of CA's booked end how you think they will so i was pleased that this ended as i hoped!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Not That Kind of Girl (Paperback)
Lovely book, enjoyed, this book as I have read several others of this author and enjoyed her style, a funny read with some heart warming bits in the story, good to sit and read and escape...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Not That Kind of Girl (Paperback)
I love Catherine Alliott's books and have always found them a good read. This one not quite as much as some
of her others, but would read again, and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not that kind of girl, 24 May 2013
What a great read. Just the book I needed to make me laugh on a grey May Day. Very funny. Worth the read

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 21 May 2013
I enjoy Catherine Alliott's writing. It is easy to read. I thought it was going to be a predictable ending but wasn't sure. Maybe others would think it is predictable but I enjoyed it anyway. It was just a shame when it came to an end.

5.0 out of 5 stars very very funny, 4 Feb 2013
This book has had me in fits of laughter. Would totally recommend this book. However it didn't take long to read, yes that good but I thought the ending was a little weak, but still a good book. Def 5 stars but I wouldn't expect anything else from Catherine Alliot, I have yet to find a book I didn't like :-D

Not That Kind of Girl
Not That Kind of Girl by Catherine Alliott (Paperback - 10 May 2012)
6.39