5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting!
Published on 3 Oct 2007 by J.Flood

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as "The Killing House"
Picked this one up after reading Mooney's other book "The Killing House" which had me from the first page, possibly the best book i read last year.

Published 6 months ago by BigK100

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting!, 3 Oct 2007
J.Flood (Dublin,Ireland) - See all my reviews
The Missing had me hooked from start to finish! The storyline, of the police & FBI searching for a serial killer, who had been abducting women for years, never flagged, or got monotonous, at any stage in the book. This is not always the case with books of this genre. It did not get too bogged down in technical detail, either. The pace is quite relentless, with something incident/discovery cropping up, at the end of almost every chapter, making you want to read on further.

I felt the characters were quite believeable, also, from the police to the nasty serial killer. This book was defintely worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thriller in a long time, 23 May 2007
I thought the pace was fast and held an elemant of reality, usually such books do not cover the cost of investigations but in the real world this is so. When an interaction is required and investigations put forward the cost of who is footing the bill is mentioned which i liked.

The ending was drawn out but relelvant and this is the best thriller I have read in a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true thriller from front cover to back cover..., 29 July 2011
Mr. T. P. Kennedy (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book to take on holiday, then bought The Dead Room and Secret Friend because I was completely hooked by Chris Mooney. The suspense and twists are truly brilliant, a great book that is very hard to put down once you've picked it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars the missing, 5 April 2014
This review is from: The Missing (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book, gripping and thrilling, keeps you hooked to the very end! I would definitely recommend it

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as "The Killing House", 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Missing (Kindle Edition)

"The Missing" not so much. Took longer to get going, and the plot lines I found a little thin in places. That being said, this was one of Mooney's first books so I won't be too hard on him. If you haven't ready any of his books before his prose is excellent, and he does generate a real sympathy from the reader with the characters in his books. I did buy into the main protagonist's character well, and wanted to read through to the conclusion to see how she fared out. That being said, it certainly didn't grab me in the way "The Killing House" did.

Will continue to sample his offerings though.

6/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It ++++++, 18 Jan 2014
Loved it great book ,will be recommending it to all friend`s ,great author love the style of writing will be looking for more books by this author +++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Missing (Paperback)
Great buy as always I just love this author, and once I have picked it up I find it hard to put down !! Would recommend this one to anyone who loves a good crime !

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Missing (Kindle Edition)
Really really good loads of twists and turns I didn't expect, will definitely be reading his other books, I really recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Missing (Kindle Edition)
I've only recently discovered Chris Mooney but I love the Darby McCormick character, she's a great character. This was another skin crawling story that kept me reading, Mooney certainly paints a picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Missing (Kindle Edition)
This was a great thriller and kept me on the edge of my seat until the end. Would recommend it!

The Missing
The Missing by Chris Mooney (Paperback - 7 July 2011)
5.99