4.0 out of 5 stars A voice for the victims, a touching read
In light of the recent Hazel Buchanan trial and appeal, this book gives voices to the victims in a respectful, almost affectionate way, as if the author knew Lesley and Trevor personally and wanted to speak out for them as individuals.
Published 16 months ago by M Rennie

1.0 out of 5 stars A former Employee
Published 6 days ago by Dental nurse

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A voice for the victims, a touching read, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Let This be Our Secret (Paperback)
It's well written and it's from the heart. I bought it because I wanted to know more about Trevor Buchanan and Lesley Howell, rather than leaving them objectified as victims.

There are moments reading this when I was moved to tears; proud of Lesley qualifying as a nurse, proud of Trevor making it as a policeman, heartbroken for their families and their children left to grow up without them.
The two pictures most typically used by the news media don't do them justice, and they were only in their thirties, hardly any older than their own children are now.

This book paints more fully what was lost and reminds that underneath the 'is-she-isn't-she-guilty' publicity surrounding Hazel, this is a story, (to quote David Stewart), of "real human tragedy" - and this book a more than fitting tribute to the people Colin Howell murdered, as well as a thoroughly researched journalistic portrayal of the events as they happened and the views of different people involved.

The book cover update is possibly designed to trade on Hazel Stewart's renowned looks, and this makes you think the contents will be more salacious and gossipy than they actually are, its actually a very disturbing, sad, tragic and touching read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A chilling tail, 8 Jan 2014
A book I could hardly set down, it is filled with insight and intrigue. One is left in no doubt how easily any of us can fall foul of the enemy if we harden our hearts and pursue a course of manipulation of others to have our own desires fulfilled. Then the chapter on the actual murders is spine chilling and sickening! All the more intriguing a read when you know the people involved.

5.0 out of 5 stars good yet shocking read, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Let This Be Our Secret (Paperback)
this book is very good but is totally unbelievable the crime that these people undertook and how they got away with it for so long

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Heading, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Let This Be Our Secret (Paperback)
I bought this for a Christmas Gift and the reader enjoyed it very much. He said it was only by reading this book that one found out exactly what happed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 11 Jan 2013
I bought this book as this case was of great local interest to me. This case had the whole of northern Ireland gripped from
Day 1. As a mental health nurse it also gave me great insight into the mind of a killer with a narcissistic personality disorder. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 8 Dec 2012
it was such a good read could not wait to get to the next page and find out if they were going to get caught

1.0 out of 5 stars A former Employee, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Let This Be Our Secret (Paperback)
I hope this POS isn't profiting from this book. I used to work for this dentist back in the day. When I handed in my notice because I found a better positioned job, he refused to pay me for my final week. Little did I know he was living a double life. I decided to leave as his work was very poor, he was egotistical and his long term staff at the practice covered for him. Isn't Karma a B#%## :)

2.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE, 15 July 2014
Music Lover 48 (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Sordid - horrible book about 2 devious evil people

5.0 out of 5 stars this was really good, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Let This Be Our Secret (Paperback)
this was bought as a gift and my daughter said it was really really good as she like true stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary in a sense., 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Let This Be Our Secret (Paperback)
From Ballymoney myself I couldn't believe what I was reading. The things that is described in this book are unbelievable. A must read, don't want to give anything away.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Let This Be Our Secret
Let This Be Our Secret by Deric Henderson (Paperback - 10 Nov 2011)
Used & New from: 2.90