5.0 out of 5 stars The original road trip movie
This is the first time I read it through but my second attempt at reading Three Men in a Boat: To Say Nothing of the Dog!

I have loved reading it so much. Although it is a Victorian novel, I think its charm is timeless and it is hilarious as well - I found myself laughing out loud during my daily commute.

Three Men in a Boat is a boat trip story in...
Published 2 months ago by Bacchus

3.0 out of 5 stars Print size
I am pleased with this book which is what I wanted, but I did not realise that the print was so small. I therefore cannot give it as a Christmas present as I had hoped as it is not suitable for a person over 80!
Published 10 months ago by G. Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars The original road trip movie, 8 Aug 2014
Bacchus (Greater London - Surrey) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Three Men in a Boat: To Say Nothing of the Dog! (Penguin Essentials) (Paperback)

Three Men in a Boat is a boat trip story in which three young middle class London clerks go off on an indolent river journey from Kingston upon Thames to Oxford. The narrator is Jerome K Jerome himself and his attempts at poetic reflection are frequently shattered by the idiocy around him. He is hilariously completely unselfaware of his pomposity. His friends are George and Harris with whom he alternately enjoys laddish companionship and bad-tempered bickering.

The wit is frequently subtle and understated and the foibles of human folly are frequently laid bare.

It is also a great little tourist guide to the Thames, where bits of information are shared about the towns that the boat goes through. I would really like to take such a boat trip and visit some of these towns.

Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Print size, 3 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 16 Feb 2013
Present for daughter... she loves it. I read this years ago and she says it is still as amusing as I thought it was.

Three Men in a Boat: To Say Nothing of the Dog! (Penguin Essentials)
Three Men in a Boat: To Say Nothing of the Dog! (Penguin Essentials) by Jerome K Jerome (Paperback - 5 April 2012)