5.0 out of 5 stars Remember when, as a child, everything was interesting...
Keri Smith is the master of encouraging you to see things you usually wouldn't see in life. Just flicking through this book I wanted to race out and start doing everything she tells me to do in it.

Published on 26 Sep 2011 by Books, Coffee & Anything Crafty

3.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring projects, disappointing presentation
This book has a very optimistic and fun feel although the colour quality of the illustrations is a bit disappointing. A good spring board for changing your perspective on life, the world and yourself as an artist and explorer.
Published on 17 Jan 2012 by MistyM

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember when, as a child, everything was interesting..., 26 Sep 2011
This review is from: How to be an Explorer of the World (Paperback)

There are 59 exploration ideas/activities from creating a survey and documenting peoples answers to experimenting with different items as a writing utensil. It takes you out of your box and makes you think like a child again, when creativity had no boundaries.

You're highly encouraged to write/draw/paint in the book and glue things you've collected in to it. I love this idea, but I have such a bad notebook obsession that I couldn't help but open up a new one for my 'explorations'. For me, that means I can keep coming back to some of the ideas and do them again, but some people might prefer to just throw caution to the wind and get stuck in gluing everything you find into the pages of the book. Whatever floats your boat.

I highly recommend this to anyone who is ready to be a child again and start exploring the things in the world we'd forgotten to look closely at.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it :), 12 Jun 2010
It's a great book for quite artistic people as it forces you to see beauty in literally everything. I'd say it's not really aimed at children under the age of 13 as the ideas are sometimes a bit complex, but I'm 15 and I absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all children!, 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: How to be an Explorer of the World (Paperback)
Super book! My daughter found it at the library and loved it so much, we had to buy it for her. This is not book that will sit on the shelf, but will be brought along on outings for all the little "explorers" out there. A must have in every child's book collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great creative jump lead, 18 Dec 2011
Andy Green "Andy Green creativity maven" (beautiful Barry Island) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be an Explorer of the World (Paperback)
Bereft of ideas, inspiration, or motivation - pick up this book to get you back on track.

Also, a great read for getting you to re-examine the familiar - or what you thought was familiar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now an avid explorer!, 26 July 2009
I absolutely LOVE Keri Smiths books, i was started off on 'Wreck This Journal' and i bought this book about two months ago before I went to Holland. Even in every day life this book helps you to be creative and really look out for details you would normally ignore.. I would say this book is a fantastic tool for teaching & learning how to be more open and observant.. which in turn unleashes creativity! Highly recommend any of Keri Smiths books but this is my favourite at the moment :) I am now an avid collector and explorer of the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Dec 2010
My 7 year old daughter was given this book for her birthday about 6 months ago. She has loved using it and still takes it along when we are out and about. I don't think it is too old for her - she is very artistic and imaginative. Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm off to explore, 30 May 2014
This review is from: How to be an Explorer of the World (Paperback)
What a fabulous book a so much fun. I feel like I've stepped into a different world. A world of creative possibility

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: How to be an Explorer of the World (Paperback)
I bought this book years ago for my children as I had read an article on it. I set them tasks from the book and it will became quite fantastic to see them so engaged and interested and looking at what's around them. A definite must have in the house, it is also good for adults as I enjoyed doing the tasks with the children. It is also linked to PSHE, and encourages children to think about what is around them and not to take the planet for granted in an indirect way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: How to be an Explorer of the World (Paperback)
Lovely, quirky book to have when running out of inspiration or ideas! Fun to have a play around with, I'd defo recommend this book to any art lovers

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible, 1 May 2013
This review is from: How to be an Explorer of the World (Paperback)
This book is my new bible and its the think to consult in the morning and feel ready to start a brand new day :)
Its a wonderful object to take a different perspective.

How to be an Explorer of the World
How to be an Explorer of the World by Keri Smith (Paperback - 26 May 2011)
9.09