5.0 out of 5 stars Devoured
This book was a gift and was enthusiastically devoured by the recipient and his brother. I haven't read it yet, but they did want to read the next in the series, so it must be good!
Published 15 months ago by AmazonPete

1.0 out of 5 stars I am Number Four
Some reviews of this book have compared it to the Harry Potter series but I can only assume that the reviewers who said this have never read the Harry Potter series.

Part of the attraction of the J.K. Rowling's work is the subject matter but it is also exceptionally well written.

In my opinion "I am Number Four" is far from well written. It is told...
Published on 8 April 2011 by Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars Devoured, 5 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a fast paced storyline!, 12 Dec 2011
In Short
- I am Number Four has a bit of everything
- I loved all the characters
- The plot is very fasted paced
- Loved everything about this book

In Long
I am Number Four is one I have had on my shelf for a while now. It was one I wanted to read but wasn't ever one which I was desperate to read which made it even better that I loved this book! I totally didn't expect to like it as much as I did!

This whole book was a total rollercoaster. You are straight away introduced to the main character, John (Number Four) while also being introduced to the storyline. It's crazy throughout the whole of this book but I loved that. Not only is this one of those really unique books which just refreshes you but it's one of those books which has little twists throughout the book. Every chapter made the book better and better!

The main character, John, is someone who I straight away warmed to. He is one of those guys who acts all tough but is actually quite a softy with a caring side. My favourite sort of guy! The other characters are all developed, even the ones which aren't in the book for long, they all have their own little `vibe' about them. Henri, Johns Cepan was another character who I really liked.

Everything was just balanced, the characters were all interesting and put alongside the amazing and unique storyline there is nothing you won't like.

Final Thoughts
I am Number Four has a bit of everything. Action, Romance, Aliens and a hot guy, what more could you want?! From the moment you open this book you will be drawn into a world you thought you could only imagine but within a few pages you will believe everything about that world is real.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy High School Bliss, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1) (Paperback)
I decided to read this book as I want to go and see the film but with all things, I like to know what I am going into. So I picked up this book and I was surprised at how easy and quickly I fell into the story. This was one of those books where you are lying in bed saying just one more chapter and before you know it, it's 3am and you have work in the morning!! This is the first book of 6 planned books and I can't wait for the next one.

This story begins with number Four knowing that he will be next in the sequence of his kind to die. You are thrown right into the story with the back story and explanations of who they are and why they are on earth slowly being revealed throughout the first half of the book. This is well done as it does not keep you wondering about the relationship between Four and Henri too long but you quickly care about the characters and you want to know who they are.

The relationships between Four and the other characters is also well done. The relationship between Four and Sarah does not feel too rushed and develops realistically and the friendship between Sam and Four feels very sweet and you can see how the 2 would be friends.

There were slow parts to this story but they were few and far between so the pace kept you interested. Before I knew it the action had started and story carried me along to the last page. What I really liked, and what made me smile while I was reading it, was reading about the Loric Elder called Pittacus Lore. Pittacus Lore is a pen name for the author and makes me wonder if he chose the name for the Elder first or for himself first.

This was a predictable story and you could often guess some of the plot points which were to be surprises but it was an incredibly enjoyable read. As I have said before this is a series of books I am really looking forward to and I will definitely be picking up the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1) (Paperback)
a little confusing to read but i love it. one u get into it you cant wait till you get home and read it. it is just so amazing i recommend it to any one from about 12. it is written in the first tense so it is a little tricky to read but it makes you fell sensational when youve finished because all the things he's done feels like you've done it aswell. i really really really love this book

4.0 out of 5 stars I good start & setup, 6 Jun 2011
K. G. A. Alavi (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1) (Paperback)
This is the first book of the Lorien Legacies. This books sets up the background for John Smith (number 4). Number 4 is one of 9 kids who comes from the planet Lorien (yes named after the author).This is a Sci-fi book about aliens. You have to be a sci-fi fan to like this book, unlike the Twlight saga, or Harry Potter with seem to take on their own fan base, this book sticks to its own genre, I personally don't think it is going to bring causal fans to Sci-fi (then again the film version might), but let's see. This book throws a lot of information about Lorien society, but by then end of the book you are left with more questions than answers, which is a good setup to the next book.

The Loriens (as stated named after the author, who also names herself as the greatest leader of the planet), are the usual perfect alien race. They are 5 times faster than the fastest human they can run at speeds of 60 - 70 miles per hour. Like any good sprinters they need to build up their endurance to maintain this speed. They are 10 time stronger than humans as well. This is something that is brought up and forgotten in the book at points. E.g. people who can run through brick walls like they are tissue paper are not likely to be cut jumping out of windows or bruised when punched in the face by humans. Loriens are divided into 2 classes Grade and Cepens. Gardes possess the ability to receive new powers called legacies, Cepen tend to be more carers and trainers for Grades until and while they are receiving their legacies. Loriens have visited earth before and had a huge impact on our history and development, and even left behind some very famous half Lorein children. The Loreins were wiped out by another race who are still chasing the 9 remaining grades, and if they can kill a Cepen as well the more the merrier. How they remain hidden in earth is another mystery because they tend to be very conspicuous, and have beast that range from 20-40 foot tall. How you hide and transport them around I have no idea but they manage it. All in all a good book, apart from the fact it is made into a film it is not going to do anything new for Sci-fi. I am really looking forward to the next book the power of six.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great page turner, 21 May 2011
This review is from: I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1) (Paperback)
I thought this book was fantastic, its not Dickens, but its a great page turner and I really enjoyed it. It kept me entertained when sitting in a cold train station for an hour each night. Its fast paced and hugely entertaining, sad in some parts and just a brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Am I an Average Teenager?, 13 May 2011
This review is from: I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1) (Paperback)
If John smith isn't your average teenager, and I imagine myself to be one of the book characters, then does that mean I'm not average too?
This book has got the whole package: suspense, action, romance, and surprise. What more could you want from a book? It's not a fairytale, and it's not an encyclopedia either; the book doesn't have a category. It's new, it's fresh; it's amazing.
The first sentence, is more than enough to tell you to read it. This edition has pictures from the film aswell.. Even better!!
Well worth your money!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 3 April 2011
This review is from: I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1) (Paperback)
i thoroughly enjoyed this book if your bit over the whole vampire genre then this ones for you,ok its very twilightish boy meets girl ,boy wants to hang around for girl,but then you have this great other storyline around all that

4.0 out of 5 stars I Am Number Four, 29 Mar 2011
This review is from: I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1) (Paperback)
Wow, What a great read - took it away on holiday with me & couldn't put it down - bring on the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Mar 2011
This review is from: I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1) (Paperback)
This is an amazing book, when I started reading it I just couldnt put it down, and I ended up reading the whole book in one day. I would recommend this book to any fantasy/fiction lover :)

I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1)
I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1) by Pittacus Lore (Paperback - 3 Feb 2011)
5.59