5.0 out of 5 stars Just ... Wow
This series is perhaps, one of my all time favourites.
Karen Chance has delivered an amazingly humorous, sexy, witty, fast paced and action filled book filled to the brim with the characters we have grown to love.
I honestly don't think it is possible for me to love Pritkin any more than I do now after reading this book.
He has come "alive" to me and I...
Published on 18 Aug 2011 by A. Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but a bit repetitive with a strange hero
I enjoyed Hunt the Moon - it progressed the series and revealed more about Cassie's heritage. It was good to know what happens next. Hunt the Moon also had a lot of action - a bit too much at times and I wonder is it me but the way the action parts were written were a bit confusing? I would say Hunt the Moon was repetitive because a) it ran along the same lines as...
Published on 3 Sep 2011 by ilovebooks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just ... Wow, 18 Aug 2011
This review is from: Hunt the Moon (Kindle Edition)
This series is perhaps, one of my all time favourites.
He has come "alive" to me and I really think of him as a real person (I know, that's pretty sad!)

I cannot wait until the next book.

Keep up the good work!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunt the Moon, 25 July 2011
WOW I really enjoyed this book. The story has always been interesting but now it's just outright explosive. I'm loving the way Cassie and Pritkin work so well together and from what i've read so far i would say there is a deffinate spark there between them but they just haven't realised it yet. As for the very sexy and charming Mercia he is a force to be reckoned with. We are starting to really get to know him as he is opening up more with cassie which is great. As for Cassie's roll as Pythia, that's all about to get so much more explosive too, especially now we know who her parents really were.
A truely amazing book by Karen Chance, can't wait to see what happens next in the next installment of the Cassie Palmer series (hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's been a while - but Cassie's back and on good form, 7 Jun 2011
It feels as though it's been a long time since Curse the Dawn and I've been looking forward to Cassie's return. Hunt the Moon has all the elements we've become used to; time-shifts, violence, demons and vampires, and through it all Cassie keeps attempting to understand and harness her power as she moves towards her coronation as Pythia. The action has moved on by a matter of days since the end of Curse the Dawn and the overall story picks up from the events in that book. Within the story-arc however there are 2 'mini-adventures': firstly Cassie learns more about her mother as she travels through time with Mircea, secondly she and Pritkin are thrown into an action-packed danger-zone which leads to some interesting revelations about the war mage.

The story kicks along at a fast pace and there's plenty of action, but it still leaves time for character development. As a Pritkin fan I was pleased by his continued heroics and the fact we got to know more about him - even if what we find out isn't conducive to a long-term relationship! There's obviously at least another couple of books in the story-arc and this has definitely whetted my appetite again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chase the moon, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: Hunt the Moon (Paperback)
No less than what I expected from this author, excitement, drama, fast action, everything to make a good read, the only problem is waiting for the next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth waiting for, 8 Jun 2011
I have to say that waiting for this book was agony but it was well worth it.
As always the author keeps you captivated with humour and action packed adventures. There seems to be no where poor Cassie can go to get a moments peace.
I am still undecided which man she should be with, the chemistry between Cassie and her vampire is huge but Pritkin and Cassie have to serious chemisty too.
Hmmm.. I'm dieing to read the next instalment, I have so many questions unanswered.
Having read all the books that came before and can see the interlinking stories I think Karen Chance is definately in my top ten of great authors.
Well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just incredible!, 19 Sep 2011
Jo (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hunt the Moon (Paperback)
Oh. My. God! I am completely reeling after finishing this book! Regular readers of my blog will know by now how big a fan of Karen Chance's novels I am, so it will be no surprise to hear I was more than a little excited to read Hunt the Moon. But, despite the fact that Chance is a genius and always, always, surprises and wows me more than words can say, I would never have expected to be blown away to such a level as I was when I had finished reading.

I don't even really know where to begin. So much happens in Hunt the Moon, like in the others, it's hard to know what to say without spoiling the book. There is the usual chaos that follows Cassie where ever she goes, with more action than you can shake a stick at - yet it all flows beautifully together to create a story that's just unbelievable. In every review of a novel by Chance, I always go on about howbrilliant the action is, but there isn't really much more to add - but it all still stands. Just incredible.

There is a new element in this book though; questions regarding the Norse and Greek myths - or at least where they overlap. We saw this a little witht he introduction and demise of Apollo previously, but more comes into it in this book. If there was Apollo, and all those other gods held back by the ouroboros spell, then what else that is considered myth - even in Cassie's world - is actually real? And what does that mean for Cassie? It's siply fascinating, and Chance has put so much research inot the myths and worked them seemlessly into her book. It's just brilliant.

We find out a lot more about the pasts of both Mircea and Pritkin, - one based in actual history, the other pure imagination, both completely believavble. It's this combination of fact and fiction that make Chance's novels that more credible. We're not just told their histories for the sake of it though, there is a point, as there always is, in everything in these books. It gives insight into who these people are and what they've been through, and explains why deicions hae been made or actions taken in the past, in the present, and they may be made or taken in the future. It's more jigsaw pieces that make the whole person for both characters, but also ad to the bigger picture of the story.

The romance between Cassie and Mircea goes up a notch in this book. Not only do they sizzle like they always do, but there is real emotion that comes through. But there is another person on the outside who is a "will they? won't they?" love interest that Cassie simply doesn't see. There have been hints in the previous books and a fair few more in this, and I just wish Cassie would open her eyes, and Pritkin would open his mouth and just say it! Actually, "hints" is the wrong word for this book because it's so obvious! And I think I might prefer PRitkin to Mircea a bit. I really do like him!

And then there's the ending. Oh my god, the ending! The ending that had me shouting at the book in anger and denial, the ending that had me on the verge of tears, the ending that had me fall in love just a little bit. The ending that has probably had a bigger emotional impact on me than any other urban fantasy has had before, and has me literally desperate for he next book in the series, on which I can find no info about! I think I might have actually got a little too emotionally involved in this series, because I would be quite willing to jump into it's pages and try and be a hero(ine).

The book is the best in the series sp far, it's completely amazing, and Chance fans simply cannot miss out on it. It's jaw-droppingly good!

4.0 out of 5 stars Move over Mircea, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hunt the Moon (Paperback)
After what felt like an extremely long wait, I'm glad to say it wasn't for nothing. It did feel like the book had a very long beginning, but once it got going, boy did it get going. Humour, chase scenes where your barely ahead, end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it consequences, yep this is definitely and good ol' Cassie book. The plot was a teensy bit complicated but I felt the development of the relationships with Pritkin and Mircea more than made up for it. As did the extremely hot sex scenes, a staple for any Cassie book.
Without spoiling anything I will say that whereas Pritkin was an annoying yet cute character completely eclipsed by a certain vampire, Chance showed us a more vulnerable and sensitive side to the mage that makes you just want to hug him. Team John all the way!
There is also a MASSIVE twist (which I'm afraid actually made me squeek outloud) which you HAVE to read. Amazing. READ READ READ READ READ!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!!!!, 11 Jun 2011
Absolutely fantastic! best in the Cassandra Palmer series and i just want more more more! Can`t wait for the next installment. Karen Chance you are my hero! x

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth waiting for ! !, 11 Jun 2011
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
fast paced breathless adventure..cassandra is back and she rocks in this book. some of the action scenes can be a little hectic, like to many ideas pouncing on each other at the same time..so it reads slightly garbled or maybe just over enthusiastic. the interaction betwenn cassie and her vamp guards is the source of much amusement and always makes me laugh. the new bodyguard fred is hilarious..note to self: never have a vampire version of a panic attack. the secret stars in this book and others are the graeae's...enyo, deino and pemphredo...their antics are hysterical. i won't go into the storyline to avoid spoilers...but cassie gets her groove back. i highly recommend this series and can't wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Hunt the Moon (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book in the series! Unlike other series that seem to get boring these books just seem to get better can't wait to start the next one!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Hunt the Moon
Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance (Paperback - 18 Aug 2011)