4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!!!
I found this book lying around the office and was bored so read it,and was suprised to find that I LOVED it, it was hilarious - laugh out loud funny, and I would recommend it to anyone as a light hearted quick read.
True its obvious whats going to happen, but arent all these books? Seriously funny though,this is not my genre at all so I was very suprised when I...
Published on 28 Feb. 2005 by Village Seed

3.0 out of 5 stars fun and funny - could be better
You kind of wish Ms Knight would stop writing snappy little short stories for Cosmopolitan Magazine and write a proper novel. She has the 'girl speak' down and a great sense of humor and if only she would concentrate she could come out with a top class, Brigette Jones style, laugh a minute, chick lit novel and knock the Marion Keynes and the like off their thrones...
Published on 19 May 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Book Review: Don't You Want Me? - India Knight, 26 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Don't You Want Me? (Paperback)
To be honest, I was starting to get a bit fed up with chick lit because it can be very hit and miss. You get some really good books in this genre and some (pardon me) dross or at least passable but doesn't hit all the spots! This one is up there in the pretty good section. Very funny, has all the ingredients to earn being amongst this genre. Humour, plenty of it, a nice fella who is not only good looking (and ginger) but caring with a GSOH - pretty much what we look for in our ideal bloke. Downside, he sleeps with plenty of women. Our heroine is 'the wrong side of thirty five', a single Mum and meets playgroup Mums from hell but not as in the Ubermum, more in earth mother meets must be politically correct in all aspects of parenting plus children with silly names mother. Naturally, there is the one only other Mum who our dear lady can relate to so here is our new BF. They both fancy the flatmate and well...read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 20 Aug. 2008
Net (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't You Want Me? (Paperback)
As with 'My life on a plate' this was a great read. Very, very funny - India Knight's style of writing is just so compelling and easy to read - I had a smile on my face the whole time. Stella was a likeable (if a little unbelievable) and entertaining character and the delivery of her experiences was spot on. From playgroups to getting a man's perspective on pulling - an absolute hoot, I really did howl with laughter at some of the situations.

The only trouble with Knight's books however, is that they are not long enough! Just as I'm getting cosy and starting to really enjoy myself immensely, things get wound up and the end comes before I'm ready - I'm always left wanting more and really sorry to close her books for the last time: I really wish she had more fiction stuff on the go.

Brilliant - one of my favourite writers and always guaranteed to make you laugh. Witty and clever in the extreme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wet-your-pants funny, 17 May 2002
This review is from: Don't You Want Me? (Paperback)
"Don't You Want Me?" is without a doubt one of the funniest chick-lit books to be published in recent months. I adored the down-to-earth and quick-witted Stella and her strangely handsome but ginger lodger, the witty one liners and absurd characters (including peculiar orange-tinted plastic surgeon and creepy nextdoor neighbour), and even though the plot was slightly predictable, it was gripping nonetheless. India Knight has a tremendous talent for drawing you into the pages, creating an incredibly funny and un-put-downable read. A definite must-read for those days on the beach.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 24 July 2009
This review is from: Don't You Want Me? (Paperback)
This book is amusing and witty, I enjoy India Knight's writing style and although the book is somewhat predictable it is an amusing read. If you are a prude then this book is not for you, as there is quite a lot of talk about sex but reading the synopsis I think you can gather that beforehand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down - WOW!!, 10 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Don't You Want Me? (Paperback)
This book was a gift and to be quite honest I wasn't really looking forward to reading it. I'm normally a Science Fiction kind of gal and so when handed this I just shrugged. How can one person be so wrong? I had read it within two days and was actually disappointed to find I'd finished. It's absolutely hilarious! Whomever wrote the review I've just read, saying how appalled she was with this piece, must be a prude. This book is meant to be outrageous and funny and of course it talks about sex alot - it's refreshing to read something that doesn't need action, thrills and adventure to keep its audience interested to the last full stop. Besides it would have been quite dull otherwise! This single mother's antics are wonderfully entertaining and I whole heartedly recommend the book to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed out loud on the tube......., 12 Jun. 2002
This review is from: Don't You Want Me? (Paperback)
....and that doesn't happen often! I loved this book, and could identify with parts of it, even though I'm not a half-french chic single mum. The playgroup bits had me screaming with laughter and recognition at the mad 'trendy' mothers that we all seem to run into these days. The plot was paper-thin and implausible, and some of the characters looked promising but seemed to go nowhere, some of the party guests for instance, and I would have loved to read more about the ex's japanese girlfriend. All this is forgivable however once you get to the bit with the drag queens, which is hysterical. Don't expect anything deep but settle down on a comfy sofa and enjoy.

1.0 out of 5 stars she lives happily ever after with Frank the lodger, 8 Aug. 2014
ABSOLUTELY NOT! This book went to the charity shop after chapter 2. The only thing that would make her story acceptable would be that her vile, smug main character had ended the book lying dead, beaten to death in a gutter somewhere... but no! Skipping forward to the end, I discovered that suprise, suprise, she lives happily ever after with Frank the lodger. This is the kind of writer who thinks its perfectly okay to poke fun at the disabled, even using it as a terms of insult. As she writes for Tory media, I'm guessing she's a smug, affluent Tory, writing for other smug Tories (no wonder Jeremy Paxman likes her!), which I suppose perfectly explains the present governments' policies!

5.0 out of 5 stars funny easy read!, 16 Jun. 2005
K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't You Want Me? (Paperback)
If you read this book as light hearted chick lit and lots of humour then you won't be dissappointed!! I laughed out loud a few times and I am one of those grouchbags that gets annoyed when people laugh hysterically at stupid parts in the cinema!! Its not a book that I must have on my bookshelf but one of those that I quickly passed onto a friend to do the rounds!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect summer reading!, 26 Jun. 2002
This review is from: Don't You Want Me? (Paperback)
India Knight just has a knack : for light-heartedness, humour, and sweetness. This is an adorable, funny, generous read, that at the same time doesn't pull any punches... the caricatures of, in particular, politically correct playgroup mummies will have you in stitches. My only criticism would be that the book is too short. It's so addictive and enjoyable, I just wish it was double the length! India, if you're reading, can your next effort please be at least 500 pages longer!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont you want me, 7 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Don't You Want Me? (Paperback)
I loved this book it was sooo funny that i was laughing out loud .I really recommend it its a right funny, girlie book with a good ending :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Don't You Want Me?
Don't You Want Me? by India Knight (Paperback - 3 Nov. 2011)