5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase
Always been a big fan of the assassins creed series and reading this book made me more engrogsed in the series. It is a must buy for assassins creed fans, it arrived alittle later then estimated, great condition, well packed.
Published on 11 Jan. 2012 by Liam Howe

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old problem, new book
Published on 19 July 2012 by jayjay

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 11 Jan. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Like and Assassin UNEXPECTED, 12 April 2012
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Paperback)
I enjoyed the book. I have to say I have not played the game. The games are a little too advanced for me not. The book is a page turner and will keep everyone interested. The only reason I could not give this book 5 stars is because there are bits in the book that I just do not understand, and in my opinion are completely unnecessary. I also find it difficult to get my head round the fact that a group that call themselves Assassins not really carry out assassinations are rather protectors. There are parts of the book when Ezio gets a new weapon and is given a crash course in how to use it. I could see gamers button bashing to get the new skills. All in all a good book, but a little anti-climatic for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fitting end to a much-loved protagonist., 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Paperback)
I was surprised at how hooked I was to this novel, I played the game but I felt more emotions towards Ezio during the novel because it relayed more emotions than in the game which came as a welcomed surprise. I enjoyed reading Ezio's actual journey to Masyaf and then the addition of 'Embers' to end his story. I highly recommend this to all Assassin's Creed fans!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a killer !, 19 Oct. 2012
I have to say that initially I was skeptical about how a video game and novel tie-in would work. Let's just say that my skepticism was unwarranted. I loved this book.

Admittedly, I join the Assassin's Creed books a little late in the series but I have already developed a liking for the character of Ezio Auditore through the video games themselves. Interestingly, I'm playing the Revelations game now and I think my enjoyment is enhanced by my foreknowledge from this book.

This tale is told a little later on in Ezio's life and continues to detail the developments of the Assassins and their Creed. Lots of interesting characters along the way and some interesting new developments in regards to weaponry and technqiue. Oliver Bowden spins a good tale around the framework he had to work with - I guess there must have been a story of sorts during the games' development. I'm not sure which came out first though, the book or the game in this instance.

It's a clever storyline to be involved with because there are layers of story amongst story that themselves could quite easily get developed into further novels, I believe.

I've got some previous books to catch up on, methinks

4.0 out of 5 stars Oliver's best book to date, 25 Nov. 2011
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Paperback)
Oliver's best AC title to date and one that works extremely well with the game series as it has everything that the fans want. There's decent combat, great action sequences and of course intrigue, double dealing and the mysterious under currents of the previous civilisation that will undoubtedly lead the reader into deeper Templar mythos in the future outings.

Add to this some great prose, a wonderful sense of finishing the Ezio threads for now and of course a title that really did add another layer to make the game more fun, which all in, is a great thing for a book to do. Cracking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old problem, new book, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Paperback)
Once again Bowden has probably been banging his head against the keyboard whilst writing this. He cannot utilise his greatest qualities that he clearly possesses when it comes to writing novels. The entire story based around the game was frustrating and lacked more passion than a Templar goon. I did however, as with the previous novel based on Altaiir, thoroughly enjoy his rendition of Altaiir's life that Ezio observes through the gemstones and also the end part that you may call 'Post-Assassin' Ezio. Once again, Bowden did a fantastic job of opening up the emotions of the characters and making the reading fluent and enjoyable. I nearly cried at that last page after Ezio's death. If this guy writes a book completely free of the video game storyline restriction then I will be one of the first to pre-order it. Read it if you love the games, don't read it if you love books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for an avid bookworm..., 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Paperback)
Bought as a gift for my husband who always has his nose buried in a book!

He has been as quiet as a mouse since he got his snout into this one!

He says it is excellent reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps getting better, 19 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Paperback)
OK so the books mostly copy the narrative from the game, but there are large sections that are original and unique. Towards the end, although I'm not even halfway through the book, it fills in the gap from when you finish the game, right through to his old age, and if I'm still gripped by that point then there's no doubt this guy is a very involving writer. I have the other 3 books in the series as well as all the PS3 games and I can't get enough of it right now, looking forward to the next book hopefully this year when the next game is released. No reason why there won't be a book.

3.0 out of 5 stars spoilt by certain sentences, 17 Oct. 2014
Aidan Mulhall (Rhynie, Aberdeenshire) - See all my reviews
Whilst overall this was a good book, I felt my enjoy,net ruined by two sentences. Both during the chase of the prince, Sofia says to Ezio, "don't mention women drivers". Really? In that era? I think not. Then later in the chase when they charge through a market, Ezio ends up with a chicken in his lap and asks if they had paid for it. Sofia says that it was a drive through! Again, in that era?
Poor and lazy writing in what had, up to then been a good story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love IT!, 15 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Paperback)
Played all the games and love the story behind the game, These books really do fill in those gaps you feel you are missing between the games, this book is nice and easy to read (well written) i am a big fan of Ezio this book really finishes the character well, ACR didn't do a good job at ending Ezios story, well done for this book. bring on Conner in AC3 :)

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed: Revelations by Oliver Bowden (Paperback - 24 Nov. 2011)