5.0 out of 5 stars The Templar Throne
I needed this copy to complete the set. There are 7 in total on a continuing theme. All are excellent.
Published 8 months ago by John Annison

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Decent Read
To date I have read all three of the Templar themed and titled novels by the author Paul Christopher. I can say that with all three the premise and action in the book as resulted in me engaging with the story and wanting to read to the end, but when I finish them I feel a familiar sense of anti-climax.

The main character is likeable (even though the name John...
Published on 11 April 2012 by J. Corbett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Decent Read, 11 April 2012
J. Corbett (London, UK) - See all my reviews

The main character is likeable (even though the name John 'Doc' Holliday may seem a bit stereotypical) and the pace with which he travels across the globe is always entertaining with suspense and action in abundance. However I think the main problem with these stories is that the mystery or the artefact that the character is pursuing becomes slightly tedious and in the end uninteresting. The story tends to get built up and then a bit muddled and by the end, it just doesn't feel satisfying enough.

When you reach the end there is a taster of what I presume to be the fourth in the series and I shall probably buy it to see if there is a final conclusion to the series as I hope it reaches a big end sooner rather than later.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of simple research would have helped, 29 May 2012
T. Gorman (County Durham, England) - See all my reviews
I thought that Templar Throne was definitely a da Vinci Code rip off, not that da Vinci Code is brilliant either. The author even has his characters criticise da Vinci Code in this novel which is really ironic. However, I was sort of putting up with the story until I reached the chapter where the main characters visited St Michael's Mount and paid their entrance fee in Euros. Er, the currency is pounds in the UK Mr Christopher. I was willing to suspend my belief but then a helicopter full of SO19 officers start pursuing them which one character tells the other are the British equivalent of a SWAT unit in the USA. Er, SO19 became CO19 in 2005 (Templar Throne was written in 2010) and are part of the Metropolitan Police Force anyway so they are unlikely to be found at St Michael's Mount as the Devon and Cornwall Police are the local police force. It's like finding LAPD running round the streets of New York. Then they meet an Irish fisherman who helps them because he tells them that he hates Limeys. Everyone knows that Limey is a slang term that Americans use for British people. An Irishman would never call someone from the UK a Limey; he would call them a Brit.

I don't know how accurate Mr Christopher's 'facts' about the Knights Templar, the crusades etc were but when I read inaccurate stuff in the rest of the book, it kind of calls into question everything else that I have read. Why don't authors just double check their facts and why don't publishers run a quality check on this sort of thing?

4.0 out of 5 stars The Templar Series, 28 May 2014
This review is from: The Templar Throne (Templars 3) (Paperback)
I am trying to gradually purchase the whole series of these books. So far I have enjoyed all of them, and presume to a point they do contain facts which I was not aware of. Very good reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Templar Throne, 16 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 30 Mar 2014
J. Cole (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
Liked everything in the series by this author. Easy read, have already purchased next in the series. Would certainly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 16 Nov 2013
Nice work Mr Christopher..ready for fourth installation of the Colonel and co. Keeping me going for the cold nights here in England.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 17 Oct 2013
A good yarn is always made better when the Templars are entwined in the story and this was no exception

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 2 Oct 2013
Again one of the best books I have read can't wait to read the next one Paul Christopher is the best author I have come across

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Templar Throne (Templars 3) (Paperback)
I have now read all of Pauls Templar series(next is on pre-order)l think that says it all for me now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuing success in the face of extreme adversity, 16 Sep 2013
A thoroughly well researched and intricately woven tale of historical daring - do..most enjoyable. I cannot wait until I read Templars 4.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Templar Throne (Templars 3)
The Templar Throne (Templars 3) by Paul Christopher (Paperback - 15 Mar 2012)