5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!
I love, LOVE, LOVVVVE this book.

Published 4 months ago by Dr. P. Dhahan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cookery book for the Indian food lover
Good cookery book for the Indian food lover. The chicken lentil curry is to die for. Easy to follow receipes and book is beautifully illustrated.
Published 2 months ago by Riapenny

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 4 Aug 2014
Dr. P. Dhahan "Dr Pim" (Brum, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Made in India: Cooked in Britain: Recipes from an Indian Family Kitchen (Hardcover)
I love, LOVE, LOVVVVE this book.

Coming from quite a traditional Punjabi family, my family are ever more disappointed with my lack of a wife in any shape, form or colour, made worse by no longer living at home. I don't miss much if I'm being honest, other than my mums amazing food (she really is a beautiful, brilliant, clever woman- just in case she learns how to use the internet and reads this). If I'm honest, I'm not that bad at making a curry or two, however, it's never as good as mums.

This book has come as a surprise. She makes things really simple and easy to follow using ingredients easy to find in any mainstream supermarket nowadays. I have tried a few of her chicken curries and they are beautiful; her chai tea is a triumph.

Buy it, it's only a tenner, it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A complete gem of a cookbook, 4 July 2014
Despite being Indian myself, I generally struggle to cook Indian food. Most recipe books are really hard to follow, the ingredients take hours to find and I just don't have the time or the inclination after work to bother.

Sodha's book is a complete gem. I've already made her 20-minute fish curry which my boyfriend and I devoured in about ten minutes, and her masala roast chicken is one of the tastiest and easiest alternatives to a sunday roast.

The nicest bit is that the recipes are really short, the ingredients simple and the pictures are glorious. And her food really is like the proper stuff that my mum makes, rather than the nonsense touted about in so-called Indian restaurants. I've already bought copies for friends and hope Sodha brings out some more books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best curry book ever!, 13 Aug 2014
I am a great collector of cookery books and this one has gone to the top of the pile. Brilliantly laid out
with great instructions and lovely picture. Got it saturday and have already 4 dishes, has the pistachio
and yoghurt chicken curry, was gorgeous. My husband made the chicken livers and had a go at masala
chai. I tweeted the author praising her for this book and she kindly said that I could ask her anything
If I got stuck. Buy this book, you won't be disappointed. Can't believe that there are a couple of bad reviews
for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Aug 2014
I have bought a lot of cook books over the years,including indian cookery books and been very disappointed. This book is fantastic. There are so many everyday easy recipes, that I am aiming to cook a minimum of at least one every week. I can't believe that ordinary vegetables can be turned into such tasty meals with a few spices, and we really like our meat! We live miles from a large supermarket and I have managed to get nearly all the ingredients. I think I will have to order some from the web. Cannot recommend this cookery book highly enough.
Also has really funny and interesting stories about the authors family and her heritage.
Off to cook another curry now!

5.0 out of 5 stars A complete novice can follow these recipies - The Delia of the curry world, 14 Aug 2014
After 58 years of can't cook, won't cook, I've tried two recipies out on the missus and have taken over as the family's curry maker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, quick and tasty meals every time., 1 Dec 2014
I have over a hundred cookery books, many of them about Indian cookery, but I have always been annoyed by long lists of obscure and expensive ingredients and prolonged cooking times. This one is genuinely different. Every single recipe has easy to source ingredients and most of the recipes can be cooked within half an hour, which is great when you are trying to juggle homework with hungry children after school! I have made several curries and side dishes as well as condiments and all have been worth making again, which is not usually the case with most recipes. Last night I cooked a delicious salmon and spinach curry with coriander chutney and it was so easy. I feel as though I have finally learned how to cook authentic and healthy Indian food and for that, I am really happy, and so is my husband. To top it all off, the recipes are lovely to read, with interesting anecdotes and great photos. Thanks Meera!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, delicious dal., 5 Aug 2014
This book arrived today and I have already made the Daily Dal and (for the first time ever) perfect Basmati rice. Easy to follow and the results were absolutely delicious...Can't wait to try more recipes. The book itself is beautiful, with loads of colour photos of the dishes, and also of Meera and her family over the years.
Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 July 2014
just finished eaying the extra special lamb raan (page 114), my local butcher supplied the finest leg of lamb and this excellent book supplied the secret to turning it into an exquisite dish.
some effort required but nothing too complicated and time consuming.
love the quality of the presentation and the writing.
10 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend to anyone!, 13 Aug 2014
Having always been a bit intimidated by Indian cooking, I have found this book a fantastic surprise. Recipies that I have tried so far are delicious, and the author is clearly very knowledgeable and passionate about her topic. I would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Buy., 4 Aug 2014
Excellent book.
The recipes are straightforward and,crucially,use ingredients which are easily obtainable,even where I live in
North Wales.
Lots of general information in the book.
I am very pleased with it.

Made in India: Cooked in Britain: Recipes from an Indian Family Kitchen