5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece of children's literature
There can be few books for children that work on so many levels, and are so completely satisfying. I have been a children's librarian for over 30 years, and I can't think of anything to surpass it. The very simple story is just that the caterpillar eats his way through a variety of foods, becoming bigger all the time, until he turnes into a butterfly. The artwork is...
Published on 13 April 2005 by The Librarian

3.0 out of 5 stars Edition too large!
The edition I was sent was not the one I had expected. I had wanted the soft covered edition about 5 "x8", but this was about double that. I enjoyed the pictures as always, but it was almost too large for a small child or toddler to handle.
Published 7 months ago by Patricia Scroggie

‹ Previous | 144 45 4649 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book] (Board book)
Bought this for a forthcoming birthday present but know from buying this book in the past that it will be rapturously received. Brilliant toddler book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enduring classic, 4 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book] (Board book)
I loved it as a kid and it hasn't failed to be loved by anyone kids I have given it to since. Buy it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars a joy to share, 15 July 2011
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book] (Board book)
I remember loving this book during my childhood and I'm so thrilled that I am now able to share it with my own daughter. I never get tired of the story and it is a joy to read. Thank you so much Eric Carle for writing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great short story, 8 July 2011
James kay "jameskay_98" (UK London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book] (Board book)
Stunning book with bright colours and a story to remember form your childhood. I read it to my baby son several times a week.
He likes to make the munching noise of the caterpillar along the way.
I would highly recommend this book as its a bargain price or for a great gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book] (Board book)
This was a well appreciated gift. The board book is ideal for young ones to avoid ripped pages. Within no time this story is memorized by little children, a fun way to learn. I have bought this book as a gift for children aged 1-4 and they have all loved it. Would definitely recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars 166 irrelevant reviews, 28 Sep 2010
I am looking at a list of books with audio CDs for children. The first dozen reviews for this item (which I have not yet bought) that I read were for the book without the CD. What is the point? I want to know what the book AND the CD are like and how the CD improves the book. None of these reviews tell me, because they are for a different product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, daughter loves it, 11 July 2010
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book] (Board book)
I bought this book when my daughter was a few months old. Now 18months she loves bringing it over for me to read to her.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a children's classis with a real denouement!, 16 Nov 2009
I started trawling for books for my 10-month-old daughter and was so disappointed with the current so-called favourites like Peppa Pig and In the Night Garden books. They seem to go absolutely nowhere and is static from the beginning to the end. When her grandmother got my daughter The Very Hungry Caterpillar, I was enchanted at the build-up and the climax at the end - and so was she! Her copy of the book is so well loved and chewed and she wants to have it read every night before bed. It just proves that there is no excuse for lazy construction of a book or poor writing, even if it is just for children!The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book]

4.0 out of 5 stars Hungry lil Caterpillar..., 22 July 2009
M. Begum (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book] (Board book)
My 2yr old son loves this book and i would recommend mothers who have children aged 2-6yrs old, to buy this book as they will love it and this is an old times favourite for primary aged children.

4.0 out of 5 stars reminder of childhood, 4 May 2009
I bought this book coz it reminds me of my childhood!!! it was brill then n still is n all children shud read it. my 18 yr old son read it n thought it was mint :)

‹ Previous | 144 45 4649 | Next ›

The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book]
The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book] by Eric Carle (Board book - 29 Sep 1994)
5.24