Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 December 2013
Keeping It short. This book has it all. It has the history of recording. Recording techniques.. Types of microphones and specifications etc. If you are in the recording industry or looking to get in to it.. Then I recommend this book highly.
on 26 August 2014
I was looking for a book that dealt specifically with recording techniques such as mic placement and so on, and looking at the preview pages there appeared to be some detail on this. However I was disappointed when I actually got the book, it's way too general. It is well written, he has a nice style but it tries to cover everything, from the intimate workings of reel to reel tape machines to the details of midi setups. I would have liked to see more detail on actual recording and less general info, though if you're interested in getting a general picture of the recording industry past to present then it's an interesting read.
There are some little gems in there, but a lot of filler if you already are experienced and are looking for some more depth on certain aspects of you craft.
on 7 March 2014
It’s a serious credit to David Huber and Robert Runstein that Modern Recording Techniques is now in its eighth edition, and particularly if you take into consideration that the book was first published in 1974! There’s are a reason for its enduring success, and that is simply that it remains one of the most in-depth and authoritative texts on recording and studio production. Acoustics and studio design right through to surround sound and mastering are covered, with each and every step along the way covered with completely authority in each subject area. For any of my students who want to get all their knowledge bases covered, relating to studio technology and all the various elements of audio production, then “Modern Recording Techniques” is an essential read.
on 23 September 2014
I find this book generally very helpful and more broad and discussive in style and content than 'in-depth'. I suggest borrowing a copy before buying but for me it sits very nicely beside othe rbooks such as the very practical, 'Mixing Secrets For The Small Studio' by Mike Senior, the all-the-way-through-university 'Sound and Recording' by Rumsey and McCormick and 'Mastering Audio' by Bob Katz. I'd would give the book 4 stars but the online teachers resources are worth the extra star!
on 21 January 2014
I had fast, prompt delivery. The book was in perfect condition and would recommend it to anyone who is in the Music Industry or is thinking out going into it, or for someone who is just studying Music. I am currently studying for a Music Degree and I have found this product very useful and informative, well worth the high price tag!
on 26 June 2015
Excellent book regarding the knowledges you need to know to get a better understanding on how sound waves work, how to use your DAW etc...
I highly recommend it as it has REALLY USEFULL INFORMATIONS in it, and everything is nicely explained with diagrams. Even if it's quite big, it's a pleasure to read.
on 8 November 2015
Great book and came incredibly fast! helped me so much with my work at uni
on 16 January 2015
Everything you need to know about studios and recording! :)
on 10 January 2016