Stand-Out Shorts: Shooting and Sharing Your Films Online
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£12.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 23 July 2010
This book does what so many promise but very few deliver - in that it is an effective reference for the beginner as well as the professional.
After this book's predecessor (Practical DV Filmmaking) effectively got me through college I had to have the update! And the improvements are numerous: From the obvious like technological advancements to the increasingly necessary like advice and strategy on viral marketing. All explained in a way that is simple without ever talking down to you - truly unusual.
The first page I opened was on copyright... COPYRIGHT... Not exactly an easy topic, but in a paragraph, the author explains it in such a clear and correct way that anyone could understand when they were infringing and when they weren't within seconds! What's more I found myself devouring the text like it was a novel or something, this isn't a textbook (it should be) this is a reference book for everyone something. I now refer to it whenever i'm editing; writing or even on set! Often in that order...
Ultimately this is a comprehensive book, it simplifies everything, it doesn't insult your intelligence and more to the point it contains EVERYTHING you need no other book, just this one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again