5.0 out of 5 stars Design Essentials for the Motion Media Artist: A Practical Guide to Principles & Techniques, 3 Jan 2011
This review is from: Design Essentials for the Motion Media Artist: A Practical Guide to Principles & Techniques (Paperback)
I found this to be a really great book and is suitable for anyone who works or has an interest in motion graphics or animation. It would help someone who is studying at college, but is also very useful for those that have been in the industry a long time. I fall into the later category and was formally trained at art school in the early 80's but I found it very useful to revisit many of the fundamental ideas that I was taught in those days which give me a solid grounding. It also gave me many new ideas and covered areas that did not exist or were in their infancy when I was a student.

I really liked the sections on colour, typography and especially the section on composition which everyone in the industry should be familiar with but clearly are not. I'm sure this would fill in the gaps for people such as avid editors who have a purely technical background and would also inspire those who are creative technophobes to get stuck in with the computer packages today which frighten many with their complexity.

I have shown the book to my manager at Sky and he will be buying some copies for the post production dept to read. He was was also very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth a try, 4 Sep 2012
Get it if you consider yourself to have a much more technical skill set rather than graphical design skill. its improved my work a lot.