4.0 out of 5 stars Gets you thinking
Targeted more at the creative director / producer approach than a practical editor's. Introduces valuable line of thinking. I wish I had this book earlier in my career.
Published on 9 Jan. 2013 by M. Odintsova-Bayles

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but..
Published on 29 April 2012 by Ben

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but.., 29 April 2012
This review is from: Cutting Rhythms: Shaping the Film Edit (Paperback)
I am a confident editor with some industry experience and I was really looking forward to reading this book. Unfortunately I found myself once again reading a book that uses overly complex language to explain simple ideas. Too often books like this try to show off by using flurries of jargon and complex sentences where simple language would have been much more useful.

Looks lovely on my shelf of filmy books though...

1.0 out of 5 stars I wasted a day reading this and failed to get anything ..., 17 July 2014
This review is from: Cutting Rhythms: Shaping the Film Edit (Paperback)
Don't bother. I wasted a day reading this and failed to get anything of any significant value of of it. Get Reisz instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets you thinking, 9 Jan. 2013
M. Odintsova-Bayles (London, UK) - See all my reviews

Cutting Rhythms: Shaping the Film Edit
Cutting Rhythms: Shaping the Film Edit by Karen Pearlman (Paperback - 20 Mar. 2009)