on 22 September 2012
Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers is without a doubt the best produced so far and I highly recomend this volume. As a first class referance book it contains all the essential information to make the most out of Photoshop 6. Yes, there are sections which overlap, but the book is extremely well written, with superb illustrations. This referance book is a "Must Have" if your serious about about photography, more importantly serious about the advantages of post production with Photoshop CS6. It is a referance book that will appeal to Novice and Expert on equal terms, and in that respect, hard to beat. By far the best £20 I,ve spent recently.
on 8 May 2013
Most of the books about using Photoshop with your digital camera are simply repeating the information that you already know, resulting in something between DSLR manual and "Photoshop for dummies".

However, that's not the case with Martin Evening's book. The author, being a professional photographer (and longtime Photoshop user) shares his vast experience with reader. You can start reading this book from any chapter, because every chapter is a complete set of useful advices. In my opinion, Evening managed to create an ultimate guide for any digital photographer who wants to reach truly outstanding results.
on 30 January 2013
As always Martin's latest guide to Photoshop is simply a 'must have'. I would like to have given it four and a half stars, my only complains being that because the book is so big the binding of my copy is giving way (earlier versions have not done this). It would add a little to the cost but perhaps it should be bound it to two volumes. And again because of the books 700+ pages the index cannot be fully comprehensive. An on-line index would be useful in the same way that some information from earlier versions has been moved on-line.
on 18 November 2012
Having finally splashed out on the full version of Photoshop instead of Elements, I was struggling to do anything and the Adobe reference manual is just that, a reference... After oscillating between this and Kelby's book, I went for this. So far I've been pleased and it's certainly helping me to find my way around the program and discover the new (to me) features. Despite the comments from some other reviewers, so far this copy hasn't fallen apart.
on 15 September 2012
Bought this as I had been given CS6 although I'm normally an Aperture user. After a fair bit of study I'm still an Aperture user as the book didn't make CS6 any more user friendly than it was before. I don't recommend it unless you are already pretty good with Photoshop. If you get easily depressed that all the photo editing you've done so far has been wrong then this is not the book for you!
on 24 September 2012
Out of many of the reference books on Photoshop I have browsed, Martin Evening's books have really stood out, this one is no exception. Clear no-nonsense plain speaking and professional. Many thanks.
on 14 December 2012
Not quite 5 star as you need to be able to trawl through stuff to find what you need. Maybe a bit excessive in RAW but that doesn't detract from what should be an essential book on your shelf.
on 1 April 2013
Martin Evening provides the most complete guide to PS CS6 that I have encountered, backed up by additional material on the Web. I have found a few errors arising from updating the book from an earlier version. For example, there are references to the DVD but there is no longer a DVD supplied with the book. I have also had difficulty opening some of the images downloaded from the book's website.

Overall, I think it is probably the best book available on CS6. A large section is devoted to the Camera Raw processor, which wold be equally useful to a Lightroom user (but he's written an equally good book on LR4!)
on 28 October 2012
As ever this series of books is an invaluable reference for the Photoshop user, so no complaints there.

Where I do have an issue with my version of the book is that the front and rear covers do not extend from the spine enough to reach the edge of the pages, therefore the pages stick out of the book and are not protected by the cover. I can see that after time the pages will get rather battered.

I would have given 5 stars as I love this series but will knock one off for the poor quality control/ construction of the final product.
on 30 July 2013
Have been going through this book and finding some great stuff in there. Much recommended for the photoshop enthusiast. Have fun!