5.0 out of 5 stars Picture Perfect
Published on 1 Sep 2010 by Jim Geraghty

3.0 out of 5 stars not for beginners
You may find yourself, like me, having to buy this book because you made the basic mistake of buying Paintshop rather than Photoshop - all the magazine articles and "how to" features assume everyone uses Photoshop. As a result there is a real lack of support/ideas/help for Paintshop users.

This book is OK and seems comprehensive, but not for beginners. It...
Published on 5 Jan 2011 by Mr. D. A. Reggiori

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture Perfect, 1 Sep 2010
Jim Geraghty (Hursley, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers (Paperback)
I'm old enough to remember when all software came with one or more manuals - actual hardcopy. Nowadays, software for ordinary users is very well-designed and quite intuitive, so you can learn to use it by trial and error. Yet if you want to use powerful software properly, and become an expert with it, you need to read a book. I like the book to be on my desk, made of paper.

This book is on my desk. It is made of paper, and beyond that it is excellent. It is well structured, making it possible either to start learning from scratch or to skip to a section covering a particular problem or technique. I bought it after downloading a trial version of the software, and it taught me enough about special techniques in a day or two to know that I wanted to buy the full product.

Many such books are unbalanced; not this one. The introductory section was a small part of the book, which was good, as I didn't need reminding of some simpler concepts. Many guide books contain little more than such elementary lessons.

Once I got into the body of the book it was full of meaty, practical guidance. I could tell the writer had tackled the kind of problems I have with photos, and I could easily follow the step-by-step approaches to getting the results I wanted. I expect to spend many days absorbed in the process of photo-processing, and the book will always be beside me.

Note: I think the software itself is a bargain, especially with two free software packages that came with it.

I have only one suggestion for the publisher, and I offer it to publishers of all books on practical subjects: offer this book in spiral-bound format. When I'm using a book like this I want it to lie flat, without a flower pot on the edge of one page and a dictionary on the other. (This suggestion applies also to guitar tutorial books, receipe books, DIY books, and many others.) My fee for this piece of consultancy work? - A free copy of the spiral bound edition, thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Paintshop photopro X3 Book review, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers (Paperback)
Have found the book more useful than the X3 help pages. I am a beginer with the software.
I think its reasonably well laid out going from basics to more detailed examples.
My fist real tutorial book and I am not dissapointed .
Would recommend to any other X3 novice.

4.0 out of 5 stars PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Book, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers (Paperback)
This is an informative missing manual. Ken McMahon uses a simple writing style to explain the simple features of the program and what they do giving you the program's key 'short-cuts and 'where to click' in the program. e.g. using the (Colour) saturation, hue, lightness. While he doesn't always show you how to do this step-by-step, all you have to do is import a picture then use the short cut/ click the right keys that he has given you and you can see the outcome of the effect/feature you are trying.

The book has plenty of pictures to show you what your screen should be showing and gives you confidence that you are in the right area/ menu of the program.

For the more intermediate 'common use' aspects of the program, such as layers, fancy text, vectors, merging photos etc he does provide a step-by-step guide with lots of pictures so that you can try something similar yourself.

Overall, a good reference book for beginners and intermediate users.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, 19 Oct 2010
PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers

Thankyou for the supply of this book. Your service on this was literally, 'second to none'. I received the book before the expected delivery date.

It is a very comprehensive book, and is also full of information to enable the user of the Paintshop Pro X3 to get full use of the product.

I recommend anyone to get a copy of this book if you have Paintshop Pro X3. I am sure it will be beneficial to the reader/user.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for yhe creative photogrpher, 7 Sep 2010
This review is from: PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers (Paperback)
Takes a bit of learning, but a very powerful and useful programme a must for the keen photographer working with raw images or the creative happy snapper.

4.0 out of 5 stars PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers, 10 Feb 2012
This review is from: PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers (Paperback)
Book very interesting although quite a lot to absorb, It covered my immediate requirements. Hopefully it will drag me into more digital work.

5.0 out of 5 stars paintshop photo x3, 8 Feb 2012
P. B. Buckley (newbury uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers (Paperback)
Great product - a real must have for editing digital photographers. Has the functionality of products costing 10 times as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 16 Aug 2011
David Wisdom "Despearate Dan" (Ryde, Isle of Wight, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers (Paperback)
If you are into Photography and are getting Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3, then this is the book you need. It will help you learn everything you need to create great presentations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paintshop Pro X3 for Photographers, 4 May 2011
Mr. James Whyte (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers (Paperback)
I found the book to be full of information to enable the use of Paintshop Pro X3. I would recommend this book if you have Paintshop Pro X3.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Guide and Reference, 15 April 2011
G. Harris (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers (Paperback)
Well written guide to all of the features of Pro X3.

Just as good for learning the ropes from scratch or as a handy reference as it covers everything in reasonable details and with informative illustrations.

Just a shame it doesn't come bundled with the software!

PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers
PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers by Ken McMahon (Paperback - 21 July 2010)
18.77