5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and accessible
I don't trouble reviewing books but I love this one - so thought it was worth doing. It takes the process of stop-motion animation and lays out ways to approach it in clear language with good photographs to accompany the written text. Demystifying and inspiring. If you're trying stop motion, this book will help.
Published on 9 Aug 2008 by Animation enthusiast

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't know if I should buy this....
Published 16 months ago by Kaybird

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and accessible, 9 Aug 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars stop Motion book review, 22 Oct 2010
This review is from: Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation (Paperback)
great product goes over each aspect of making a proffesional stop motion animation, including character and set design, what types of camera to use, how to write a good script, storyboarding and so much more.

would reccomend to anyone who likes making any kind of stopmotion animation

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 9 Feb 2010
Mr. J. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation (Paperback)
I purchased this book to give myself a bit of a refresher course after not doing stop motion for a few years. I found it very helpful and interesting. It's great for beginners but also for more experienced animators. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stop-motion, 7 Feb 2010
Mrs. L. Wisson "Lesley Wisson" (Carcassonne, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation (Paperback)
Bought for my son who is doing a degree dissertation. This book has been a valuable asset forming the basis of his research into the field of stop motion animation. Should help him achieve a decent grade!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Must-Have Of All Stop Motion How-To's, 18 Sep 2009
Mr. B. WRIGHT (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation (Paperback)
A brilliant book brimming with all you need to know on how to create stop motion animation, from capture devices to puppet building and animation tips and techniques. Every chapter includes tonnes of insightful interviews with all the big names in the industry and many inspiring and detailed pictures. I recommend this to beginners and pro's as there's something new and exciting to learn on every page and will doubtlessly trigger a multitude of your own ideas and developments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Motion made easy, 4 Sep 2010
This review is from: Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation (Paperback)
Being a film student I've always wanted to know more about stop motion. This book is great. It starts from the very beginning so there is no way you can get lost in the process. It is filled with great examples. If you want to get into stop motion buy this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars For daughter, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation (Paperback)
bought this for our daughter she loves anything to do with stop motion / animation new she would love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Motion, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation (Paperback)
Great book to help with a novice who wants to start with no budget- really useful love it x x

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't know if I should buy this...., 16 Mar 2013
This review is from: Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation (Paperback)
I looked at this book some time ago and using the 'look inside this book' feature I was able to see that it covered the newer things I wanted to learn and refreshed old ones. Customer reviews are generally good and it showed the item published in ENGLISH. However, now I've come back to buy the book... your illustration of the contents page is is in another language!!!... I now don't know if I order this whether I'll get an ENGLISH version or a foreign one? Why has the illustration changed?

Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation
Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation by Susannah Shaw (Paperback - 3 April 2008)
19.99