4.0 out of 5 stars An ideal choice for novice cooks and busy mums!, 18 Jun 2002
Jo Glennie (Lanarkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book has become a firm favourite in my collection. The simple graphics, clear step-by-step instructions and the pictures make it easy to use. The recipes are great - family fare with child friendliness thought about, quick throw together meals as well as the more in depth dinner menu recipes.
An ideal book for younger cooks as well as those who need a simple cook book with a varied selection of dishes. My friend Amanda (who recommended this book to me after many delicious meals from its pages) says she hasn't found a bad recipe yet! What more can you ask...?

5.0 out of 5 stars A step into the family kitchen with fun, 6 Dec 2000
This review is from: Fern's Family Favourites (Hardcover)
Ferns invitation to participate in her family favourites proved too much, after hours and hours of invitations into the kitchen of Ready Steady Cook, I can now immerse myself in the exciting yet uncomplicated recipes that are presented. I read cookery books as if they were novels, and Fern's is certainly an excellant read, I have cooked the recipes too and they do work. I bought this book in conjunction with Phil Vickery's book, having observed the magic on television, and can now read it in print. Fern's book has enlivened my kitchen, we fight to cook dinner now, rather than drag ourselves into the kitchen with a "What shall we have tonight". Thank you Fern and all the best to both you and Phil.

4.0 out of 5 stars quick and easy, 14 July 2010
This review is from: Fern's Family Favourites (Hardcover)
I found this book very straight forward to use, simple quick recipies, good variety to choose from.

Fern's Family Favourites
Fern's Family Favourites by Susie Magasiner (Hardcover - 26 Mar 1998)
Used & New from: £0.01