5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding Murder Mystery with added depth
I have never read a more gripping and unusual murder mystery than this. In an Agatha Christie-style English seaside village, the black vicar, Anton Fontaine, is discovered crucified in his own vestry.
Many are those in the village who had reason for wishing him dead: enter Abbot Peter, my favourite fictional character of all time. Using intuition and the help of his...
Published on 16 May 2013 by Elizabeth Spradbery

3.0 out of 5 stars Intellectual prowess necessary
Published 23 months ago by Nick Butler

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nearly perfect, 16 Sept. 2013
I bought this because I have read other things Simon Parke has written and I was not disappointed. The plot twisted and turned, there was no way I was going to work out who done it! So why only 4 stars? I loved the plot, but thought the characters were all lacking in depth.. There was not one I had a real interest in. Abbot Peter was the exception, and that was because his mind moved in such an interesting and convoluted way, but the others? I confess that, though I was keen to know who did the dastardly deed, I didn't actually mind which one crucified the vicar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 Sept. 2013
I really enjoyed this murder mystery.
A bit different and very well written.
Look forward to another in the series

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing,mystifying but also informative and thought provoking., 16 Aug. 2013
An excellent detective tale from Simon Parke with a great plus to it in the Enneagram. Let's have more Abbot Peter please!

3.0 out of 5 stars Intellectual prowess necessary, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: A Vicar, Crucified (An Abbot Peter Mystery) (Paperback)
Solving a murder is not my type of book. So why did I read it? Answer simon parkes book pippas progress is brilliant and his self help book solitude is pure genious. Liking some of the authors previous works helps. I read this book not to find out who did the dastardly deed but to hopefully come across some of the authors wonderful psychological phrases such as 'life is precious and everyday a prize','in stress we reveal ourselves like peacocks and best of all 'spiritual people enjoy the flowers along the way but also grasp the nettle. All of which means I shall be sorely tempted to buy the next in the series ie A psychiatrist screams.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected mix of fact and fiction, 7 July 2013
This review is from: A Vicar, Crucified (An Abbot Peter Mystery) (Paperback)
The fiction of a 'who done it' but the delight of the enneagram woven through it's pages, giving the reader an unexpected insight to truths.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: A Vicar, Crucified (An Abbot Peter Mystery) (Paperback)
A lovely unusual read, that's very relaxing to read. Look forward to more of the series. I would definitely recommend giving this a try

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: A Vicar, Crucified (An Abbot Peter Mystery) (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, cleverly written, and informative too! Am certainly tempted to look out for Simon's next novel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Traditional murder mystery with memorable detective, 11 Sept. 2014
I enjoyed this murderous romp around the Church of England. As a Reader and long time Parochial Church Council member, I recognised many characters. Even better, I heard the author speak twice at Greenbelt this year about Abbot Peter and other fictional detectives. You don't have to be a churchgoer to recognise the motives and personalities here - just enjoy the well plotted classic English murder mystery with a twist.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Enneagramme and a murder mystery - who could ask for more?!, 15 Sept. 2014
This review is from: A Vicar, Crucified (An Abbot Peter Mystery) (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book which combines a murder mystery with study of the Enneagram. It is very helpful for those who would like to learn about the Enneagrams 9 personality types as it explains things in a clear and interesting way. This is a book that I read and re-read over and over as with each reading I gain a sliver more understanding into the different interesting characteristics we humans have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Could have been anyone., 2 July 2014
This was a new departure for me. I had no idea what to expect, but the suspense was there to the end. now going to read the next one! Highly recommended.

A Vicar, Crucified (An Abbot Peter Mystery)
A Vicar, Crucified (An Abbot Peter Mystery) by Simon Parke (Paperback - 14 May 2013)