4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting angle on Pullman's HDM trilogy, 22 Nov. 2011
Mrs. A. Cleave "Bookworm" (Inner Hebrides) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Devil's Account: Philip Pullman and Christianity (Paperback)
I'm studying for an honours degree in literature and my current module is children's literature. The first assignment was about ideology in ch.lit. and I was focussing on Northern Lights by Philip Pullman. This book is an in depth look at Pullman's views regarding organised religion and it is quite objective which is interesting since it is written by a member of the clergy. I found it interesting and useful and quoted from it in my essay. It didn't really tell me anything that I had not discovered by reading the novel but it gave me insights and support for my arguments. I enjoyed reading it but probably won't need to refer to it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pullman's fiction, 26 July 2007
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is a must for anyone who likes Philip Pullman's ficiton. it provides an engaging account of the treatment of Christianity in Pullman's work.

The Devil's Account: Philip Pullman and Christianity
The Devil's Account: Philip Pullman and Christianity by Hugh Rayment-Pickard (Paperback - 1 Dec. 2004)