Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 July 2010
If this is new to you, as it was to me, it is a good introduction to the history of Christendom and its legacy and effecs in the church in the northern hemisphere. It is also helpful in getting to grips with post Modernism. His use of art adds an interesting and stimulating slant. The stong points for me were his concept of the church as being in a luminal (transition) stage and how that should be viewed and his in depth discussion on secularisation and pluralisation; I became a bit lost in globalisaion. Its a book that would benefit from being read again when you reach the end as you are not then wrestling with new concepts. I learned a lot from it and it would influence the way I approach and construct sermons, intercessions etc.
on 2 February 2004
This is a remarkable book which clearly describes the dilemma facing Christian mission currently. It draws on history as well as biblical example to seek the way forward.
It is a 'must read' for anyone involved in Christian mission today.
on 4 June 2015
Really puts mission today in perspective.