5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book.., 25 July 2006
This review is from: Listening (Paperback)
This is a great book for anyone who wants to improve their listening skills - Anne shows us how to tune in to our own feelings, attitudes and dreams, then to others, to the wider world and to God. There are good practical hints about retreats, journalling, relationships, engaging with society's needs and pain. It's a book I will want to re-read and start applying to my own life. It is suitable particularly for anyone who is studying counselling from a Christian perspective, although there is plenty to be gained from it whatever one's beliefs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listening - An Absorbing Read, 19 Dec 2011
This review is from: Listening (Paperback)
I have had this book for some time now, and it is one that I pick up regularly in order to revisit the insights contained within its pages. Anne Long has an easy and engaging style. Working predominantly from a Christian pastoral perspective, she reveals much about her own quest for inner silence and the development of proactive listening skills. The book covers ways in which people can experience spiritual growth on a personal level through the deployment of enhanced listening strategies. At the same time it guides the reader through the wider use of listening skills in everyday situations where people come into contact with one another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listening by Ann Long, 28 Feb 2012
This review is from: Listening (Paperback)
An inspiring book written by a deeply devout author. I particularly like the practical exercises which encourage one to look into one's heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listening by Anne Long, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Listening (Paperback)
This was recommended to me by a friend in church, and I find it very reassuring and encouraging that I am doing something, and can do more to help people this way.
Good service all round

5.0 out of 5 stars Listening, 29 Sep 2011
RJReynolds (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Listening (Paperback)
This book was delived in good time and I am enjoying reading it. It will be of some help to me and others

Listening
Listening by Anne Long (Paperback - 19 Nov 1990)
7.76