4.0 out of 5 stars Sue C on Through Grief, 26 Nov 2010
This review is from: Through Grief: Bereavement Journey (Paperback)
Although I found this book very human, informative and readable - and I realised that it achieved its objective it wasn't exactly what I personally wanted. My fault, perhaps, as I was seeking information about the Bereavement Journey and the stages of recovery\grief but not in the context of loosing a wonderful,dear one. Hence my selecting a title that seemed to focus on the practicalities rather than the crushing loss dimension. Perhaps what I was seeking doesn't exist. By way of an explanation my husband died this summer; we had been married > 40 years, we have two wonderful children, we have come through some good and hard times together ...but he was an emotional abuser who made my life a daily misery, however I didn't wish him ill, was disturbed by his death and still struggle to understand my feelings.

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful book really worth having, 20 May 2010
This review is from: Through Grief: Bereavement Journey (Paperback)
I borrowed this from my library after my marriage broke up. It's aimed at the bereaved but a lot in here useful to me too. It is very sensitively written, completely honest and gently encouraging. There are no made-up case studies or exercises, just condensed wisdom and understanding from someone who's lived through grief and also counselled lots of other people.I'm buying a copy now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Through Grief, 6 Jan 2011
This review is from: Through Grief: Bereavement Journey (Paperback)
This book covers all aspects of this very painful process. It was very easy to read and convinced the reader of how natural changes in your behaviour were. It even covered differences in other people's behaviour which is not usually written about. An excellent foreword by Claire Rayner and an excellent little book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grief, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Through Grief: Bereavement Journey (Paperback)
The doctor recommended this book to me and it lives up to my expectations. The service I received from Wandsworth Salvation Army was second to none.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grief, 17 May 2009
This review is from: Through Grief: Bereavement Journey (Paperback)
I bought this book many years ago and i have purchased copies since for friends that have been bereaved it seems to help.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have lent my copy to numerous people over the years who have found it very useful. Only buying another because I can't remembe, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Through Grief: Bereavement Journey (Paperback)
This is an outstanding book. I have lent my copy to numerous people over the years who have found it very useful. Only buying another because I can't remember to whom I lent it last!

Through Grief: Bereavement Journey
Through Grief: Bereavement Journey by Elizabeth Collick (Paperback - 2 Jan 1986)