on 8 January 2014
..the writing and the content got in the way. I go to Italy whenever I can - and just love the food, the people etc etc (all the usual cliches).

I bought this book thinking it would provide an illuminating insight into the Italian relationship with food. It may actually have done but the writing was so tedious that I had to keep putting it down and having another glass of wine - not conducive to better understanding I accept.

Dull, uninteresting - sorry - didn't want to say that but it was my feeling around page 30 when I gave up and my Italian obsessed friend got another contribution to her vast unread library of books on Italy.

Nice piece of book production though - hence the second star - for the publisher not the author