Format: Board book|Change

VINE VOICEon 17 May 2012
Format: Board book|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great book for toddlers. Our one year old absolutely loves the fact that it has funny wiggling bits on every page. The essence of the book is that the same glove puppet set of fingers are different characters on each page. Our little boy loves the book and will drag it off the shelf to be read. He loves the fact that the final character is tickle! You do need to be almost double jointed to get the most out of it and there aren't many pages but don't let that put you off - when you are aged one it is funny again and again!

Definitely one for your own book shelf rather than the library!
VINE VOICEon 7 July 2012
Format: Board book|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My son absolutely adores this book! It's lot's of fun, the red fuzzy glove fingers transform on each page to become legs or hair or the chicken comb and many more, the dancing hippos are the funniest, he laughs all the way through and especially the tickle monster at the end, always a favourite before bed, it's light hearted, well written and a nice interactive book - he's 1 and he adores it - even my older child at 7 finds it funny so it'll last!

Highly recommended, the bright pictures and witty story are a sure winner for all the family!
VINE VOICEon 21 April 2012
Format: Board book|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a finger glove puppet book. The reader inserts four fingers through the back of the book then as you turn each page your 'fingers' become legs, arms, hair etc to the charactors in the illustrations.

There are five pages. The book and pages are rigid and suitable for babies and pre schoolers. The illustrations are bright and colourful.

However I feel the finger glove doesnt work for the purpose. The first page your fingers are legs of ballet dancing hippos and you can make two finger do a realistic leg movement. The second page not so good your finger become hair and this just doesnt work. The third page your finger become legs of a beetle and this looked awkward. The fourth page your fingers become legs of an octopus, this one was ok. The last page your fingers become the fingers of the tickle monster and this was the most disappointing. You would have to have your child almost on the page to tickle them with your finger glove. Maybe an arm puppet would have worked better on this page and the book had a feeling of anticlimax after building the anticipation.

Overall, Not a bad book and I think many would find this a good novelty book and enjoy. My four year old was not impressed and it didnt hold her interest, I could see she expected more from it. I would also recommend a rhyming text which I think would add a great deal to the books overall appeal as the text is currently just observational.
VINE VOICEon 15 May 2012
Format: Board book|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a grown up when I received this book I really was not sure. The glove for your hand is clumsy and looked large and the pages felt a bit awkward to turn when your hand is in the way, I was also not overly keen on the illustrations as they are not a style I am overly fond of. That said this is not a book for grown ups and clearly toddlers don't share my opinions. We read this book out to our two year old niece when she came to visit and she loved it. The structure of the story is simple and it is nice and short so that neither you or the little one gets bored reading it. The glove allows you to interact with the child so octopus legs can tickle or beetle legs can nip a nose which makes things lots of fun on top of the reading. The book itself is made from thick card which makes it nice and durable and once you get the hang of it the pages turn quickly meaning that small hands can help out easily. Overall this is a book designed to make reading fun and to allow parents to interact with their child whilst they are learning. It really succeeds at this so make sure you are ready to read this over and over again as it is now the book we are asked for every time our niece visits!
VINE VOICEon 30 April 2012
Format: Board book|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book was an instant hit as soon as it came out of the Amazon packaging... with my husband! He rushed off into another room to "practice" using it before he gave a performance for our 8 month old son! The idea is simple, poking through the pages of the book all the way to the front is a four fingered glove which plays a different role in different pictures on each page. On one occasion it's four of an octopuses legs, another time a crazy professors hair. I've already found myself showing it to other adults and I'm convinced it will be a favourite with our son as he gets older. Great fun!

UPDATE >>> Two months on I'd like to report that my nextdoor neighbour's two year-old daughter is OBSESSED with this book and every time she visits she sneaks off to find it. She loves the anticipation of knowing the tickling hand is coming at the end of the story and wants to hear it time and again. Our biggest hit so far book wise!
VINE VOICEon 1 May 2012
Format: Board book|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
i have to admit when this book first arrived i thought, yeah looks funny but so few pages or even words it will never hold a childs interest but i was so wrong.my daughter whos 2 and a half enjoys this book no matter how many times you read it to her and brings it to us to read non stop.even ive quite taken to reading it and wiggling my fingers to the story.
yes the story is short but sometimes i guess you dont need an in depth story to enjoy some fun with a young child.the book allows you to put four fingers in the red glove attatched to the book and your fingers become different things in the story such as an octopuss, dancing hippos and an upside down beetle ( my favourite) the illustrations are gorgeous and bright and engaging and its a real good read aloud fun story for you and your child. highly recommended if you love books for fun
on 16 June 2012
Format: Board book|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Although not a book with long term appeal via lots of different things to look at, this is a fun little book to get a few giggles. The reader (adult) puts a finger into each of the finger puppets and wriggles the fingers on each page. There's a few words on each page, some bright pictures and the wriggling fingers appear as dancing legs, and hair amongst others. It's a nice book in that it requires interaction between adult and child (there's not much appeal for the child on their own with this book) but there's not much more to add than that. Oh yeah, the pages are nice thick card and overall the book will easily survive its usefulness.
on 30 April 2012
Format: Board book|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a bright and colourful book that will appeal to most toddlers' love of all things ridiculous. You can use the glove puppet to bring to life various characters including dancing rhinos, a wacky professor, and an exercising octopus. The illustrations are great and the puppet feature really livens it up. The glove isn't the most comfortable, but as the book is very short you're unlikely to be wearing it for long. This is definitely one to read together - toddler fingers won't fit very well. Overall, a nice silly book that little ones will enjoy.
Format: Board book|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really like how this book of silly situations and characters uses the four fingers glove puppet idea in amusing and inventive ways (the wriggling bug on his back looks especially good to me). Each pair of pages is a different, unrelated image and situation. My only grumble about it is that the glove fingers are a little tight on my quite slim fingers so I'm not sure how comfortable it will be if you have chunkier fingers and your child happens to take a liking to this book and thus you find yourself wearing/reading it for extended periods!
Format: Board book|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book is colourful, well made with thick card and fun to read. It could do with a few more pages as it doesnt take long to get to the end. You`re fingers fit inside like a glove puppet, with practice it gets better as you manoeuvre your fingers as they become octopus legs, ballet dancing legs and more. My granddaughter loved it and now reads it to me so for her it has just the right amount of pages before her little fingers ache.All in all we enjoyed this book and will get plenty of fun reading it for a long time to come.