4.0 out of 5 stars Fun souvenir for the very young
Our almost-three year old, mad on cars, buses and trucks, came over as I started to write this review and I asked him if he liked the book. 'No', he replied, before spinning the wheels and taking the book away to drive it to the 'pound shop'. (We're teaching him thrift early in life!)

Our boy is at a bit of a contrary stage, though. He does love the 'bussy'...
Published on 23 Feb. 2012 by S. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Brmm, brmm, book on wheels.
Published on 26 Feb. 2012 by Emile Zola reader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Brmm, brmm, book on wheels., 26 Feb. 2012
Emile Zola reader "Gervaise" (Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a sturdy 8 page book on wheels and is a good size and thickness for chubby little hands - 48.5 cm /19'' when opened out. The wheels rotate well even on carpet and are made of the same (chewable!) type of thick cardboard as the book so no hard plastic bits to worry about. I feel that this book will survive quite a few bashes on the side of the highchair and more than a few drops onto the floor.

Each page is busy with scenes of London landmarks such as Buckingham Palace and there are children, adults, birds, dogs etc. to talk about with your little one though I don't think that the average toddler would take in 'we want to see the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum'.

I didn't particularly like the drawings of the characters (the guards look like children) and I thought that the colours could have been more vibrant. However, all in all this is a robust and busy book and would make a nice little gift for baby or toddler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun souvenir for the very young, 23 Feb. 2012
S. Jones (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Our boy is at a bit of a contrary stage, though. He does love the 'bussy' shape of the book and the fact that the wheels on this bus really do go round and round - they're attached by metal clips to the board pages so they should stand up to frequent (careful) use. He's currently less interested in the contents, colourful scenes of people in London at various tourist attractions - the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Natural History Museum and St Paul's Cathedral all have a spread.

The illustrations are brightly coloured and there are plenty of details to find within them, apart from the suggested article or person to look for in each scene. Mummy or daddy should have lots of fun getting littl'un to point to all the different elements in the pictures.

I can see this being a very successful and popular book for tourists to London, and in Olympic Year it would seem likely to do very well; maybe there could have been a page for the Olympic Park.

Oh, a final review from our almost-three year old; he now wants us to get him the similar Whizzy Wheels London taxi book. Sounds like a hit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice illustrations, 23 Feb. 2012
J. Leckie "jayne2904" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a sweet book with short and simple text and lovely illustrations. Its great to show my little boy pictures of London landmarks and I imagine will be a good tool to use to encourage excitement about a trip to London.

It is also a board book so very suitable for my little boy to play with and handle easily.

Great little book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for toddlers and maybe beyond, 22 Feb. 2012
Darren Simons (Middlesex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Putting aside what for a toddler is a rather pointless touristy aspect to this book, the book itself is shaped like a bus with movable wheels and 4 double-page images to entertain and amuse a toddler. There's things to point at, objects to recognise, and for what it's worth the images are St Paul's Cathedral, the Natural History Museum, the London Eye and Buckingham Palace.

My 18 month old daughter loves the book, it's very sturdy card so she's not going to break it any time soon, and the pictures are bright and well drawn. My cynicism to why bother having these images for toddlers is probably a bit unfair in that at an older age a child may start recognising their day trips by these images - I've just got a suspicion for that age this book may be a little basic.

3.0 out of 5 stars London sights, 18 Feb. 2012
T. Bently "tbently" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My friend has a two-year-old daughter who is starting to speak and one of her first words was bus! I thought this bright board baby book would be just right for her.

It's a bit bigger than the pocket-size I was expecting and charts the journey of a traditional red bus round the capital's tourist landmarks: the London Eye, the Natural History Museum, St Paul's Cathedral and Buckingham Palace. The text asks the reader to spot things such as a phone box or soldier's bearskin in the pictures.

I think Callie would have been happier with a book about buses generally rather than a London tourist one. Most of the places featured would be suitable for older children rather than the age group the book is aimed at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute book, 10 Dec. 2012
Lo (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whizzy Wheels: London Bus (Board book)
A nice little book for my nephew to explain some fun bits about where his auntie and uncle live. He loves spinning the wheels and reading along. A great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little book, 3 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Whizzy Wheels: London Bus (Board book)
I ordered this after having seen it in a shop in town but didn't want to pay the RRP! It's for my daughter's first birthday to go along with her vtech phonics bus so we have a story to relate to the bus. The main thing i liked about this book is that there is a bus to spot on every page, which will be the main use with a 1yr old! Also with them visiting so many places in London it puts across the idea that you use a bus to take you to different interesting places. It's a simple book i wouldn't recommend it for an older child, more for preschoolers i'd say.

4.0 out of 5 stars Popular with little one, 21 Feb. 2012
Katfishh (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice little book for little hands. Its strong, colourful, a nice little picture narrative about popular London landmarks, and it has movable wheels to make it more exciting for little ones (they can drive their own bus). Strong enough to be played with without damaging it.

There is something iconic about this, particularly as London is this year hosting the 2012 Olympics. I think that this would be best bought with the other book about the traditional London Taxi to make a set so your little one can 'drive' the London Bus AND Taxi.

5.0 out of 5 stars super fast great price really happy, 21 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Whizzy Wheels: London Bus (Board book)
great all round got here super fast in great condistion will use again.a recommend to anyone looking .couldnt belive the time they came in.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Whizzy Wheels: London Bus (Board book)
I bought this as we also have Happyland by Marion Billet which is one of our favourite books to look at. Although my son loves buses this is a very basic book with not really very many pages for the money. I wouldn't buy it again as my son is not bothered about it at all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Whizzy Wheels: London Bus
Whizzy Wheels: London Bus by Marion Billet (Board book - 2 Feb. 2012)