5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2 year olds
Our little girl loves this book, and so do we - especially the page where squirrel has off-loaded the basket of washing on to rabbit. Rabbit's frown is priceless...
Published on 31 Jan. 2006 by Philippa

3.0 out of 5 stars The gate flap on the second page is too weak
Published 18 months ago by jrhartley

3.0 out of 5 stars The gate flap on the second page is too weak, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
Our 20 m.o. daughter loves Postman Bear and Fox's Socks, so this was a natural addition to the set. Its probably not as good as Postman Bear or Fox's Socks in terms of a story - its quite repetitive and I suppose is geared up to teaching children the names of various animals. The thing I found the most unsatisfactory about the lift-the-flap book is that the gate on page 2 that the blackbird is behind is just not really suited to a lift-the-flap book. The way it has been cut out means that it hinges off two tiny pieces of card - so if your child is anything like ours an a little bit heavy-handed, it will become ripped in no time. Page 2 of our copy of Hide & Seek Pig has been sellotaped up numerous times now - yet this in the only page in any of the three books that has suffered any damage - all the other fold-out flaps have been designed in a way to ensure there is plenty of board at the fold / score, making them far more robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2 year olds, 31 Jan. 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Good end of day book, 15 Aug. 2010
This is great for my daughters. At 18months they love the pictures, only thing is as it is a paper book it tears easily - but they love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hide and seek pig, 10 Feb. 2010
A Kid's Review
It's very sweet and my little boy can't wait to open the flaps to try and find hen.
I would buy another Acorn Wood book. I also have other Julia Donaldson books which he loves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just had to complete the series, 22 Mar. 2013
Stephen Jobes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
Since my son was one we've been collecting these interactive books and this was the last in this collection to complete the set. Given the choice he still goes back to these books and knows the words by heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Hide and Seek Pig reader, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
I bought this as an Easter present along with Rabbit's Nap for my 23 month old daughter. She already has Fox's Socks and Postman Bear which are also from the Tales from Acorn Wood series and as she loves these, I guessed that she would be delighted with this purchase. I wasn't wrong. Both books have now become firm favourites as part of her bed time routine. She loves lifting the flaps and joins in with the words she remembers. The stories and illustrations are delightful and I would definitely recommend. Add to this that there was no delay with delivery of my purchase, I am one very happy customer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Was a prezzie and she loves it!, 18 April 2012
C. J. Butt "the kamen" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
Bought this as a present for a 2 and half year old girl. She's the daughter of a friend and we needed to buy the familly some gifts. I saw a list of items they wanted next to their computer and some of these titles were on that list. Sneaky hey!! Sent them over to Geneva - where similar items would cost approx triple the price and Sasha, the little girl, loves them. Apparently they're a big hit and we're the best Aunt n Uncle in the world.
Sami - Chris's Wife
xx

5.0 out of 5 stars marvellous, 23 Aug. 2013
S. Mcfarlane (belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
Lovely story, beautiful illustrations, fun to read and very vibrant colours.
My son loves it, am very pleased with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Where are you, 29 July 2013
Owl "Ollie" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
I love this book and the others in the series. I like the pictures and the text and of course the fact that it is a lift the flap which is always popular with the children I work with. The story is a nice pleasant story with the children having to guess who is hiding. Another bonus for them to use their imaginations. This book is a nice strong board book which will be useful when being used by younger children. I would recommend this book,.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely books, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
We already had the other 3 books in this series which had been bought as presents and were much loved by my little boy (just over a year old). He loves this one just as much too. They are very well made, with lovely lift the flap to reveal the picture. The only problem I have now is that he is at the phase of ripping off the flaps so need to keep these books out of reach if I want them to stay like they are!

Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig
Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig by Julia Donaldson (Hardcover - 7 Jan. 2011)