5.0 out of 5 stars Good end of day book
This is great for my daughters. At 18months they love the pictures, only thing is as it is a paper book it tears easily - but they love it!
Published on 15 Aug 2010 by JANE

3.0 out of 5 stars The gate flap on the second page is too weak
Published 11 months ago by jrhartley

3.0 out of 5 stars The gate flap on the second page is too weak, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
Our 20 m.o. daughter loves Postman Bear and Fox's Socks, so this was a natural addition to the set. Its probably not as good as Postman Bear or Fox's Socks in terms of a story - its quite repetitive and I suppose is geared up to teaching children the names of various animals. The thing I found the most unsatisfactory about the lift-the-flap book is that the gate on page 2 that the blackbird is behind is just not really suited to a lift-the-flap book. The way it has been cut out means that it hinges off two tiny pieces of card - so if your child is anything like ours an a little bit heavy-handed, it will become ripped in no time. Page 2 of our copy of Hide & Seek Pig has been sellotaped up numerous times now - yet this in the only page in any of the three books that has suffered any damage - all the other fold-out flaps have been designed in a way to ensure there is plenty of board at the fold / score, making them far more robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good end of day book, 15 Aug 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2 year olds, 31 Jan 2006
Our little girl loves this book, and so do we - especially the page where squirrel has off-loaded the basket of washing on to rabbit. Rabbit's frown is priceless...

5.0 out of 5 stars Hide and seek pig, 10 Feb 2010
A Kid's Review
It's very sweet and my little boy can't wait to open the flaps to try and find hen.
I would buy another Acorn Wood book. I also have other Julia Donaldson books which he loves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just had to complete the series, 22 Mar 2013
Stephen Jobes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
Since my son was one we've been collecting these interactive books and this was the last in this collection to complete the set. Given the choice he still goes back to these books and knows the words by heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars marvellous, 23 Aug 2013
S. Mcfarlane (belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
Lovely story, beautiful illustrations, fun to read and very vibrant colours.
My son loves it, am very pleased with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 5 Dec 2014
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
Great stuff! These stories are really entertaining for a 3 year old. She loves the characters and the graphics are really good quality. They're card books so they're pretty durable.

I've noticed that although we've had these books for a year or so, she keeps wanting to go back to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with Julia Donaldson!, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
A nice lift-the-flap book for twos upwards, with rhymes to appreciate too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
Love this series of books and so does my grandson. He always enjoys 'reading' along and joining in. A particular favourite at any time of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely books, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig (Hardcover)
We already had the other 3 books in this series which had been bought as presents and were much loved by my little boy (just over a year old). He loves this one just as much too. They are very well made, with lovely lift the flap to reveal the picture. The only problem I have now is that he is at the phase of ripping off the flaps so need to keep these books out of reach if I want them to stay like they are!

Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig
Tales From Acorn Wood: Hide & Seek Pig by Julia Donaldson (Hardcover - 7 Jan 2011)