5.0 out of 5 stars lovely age 4 - 5 book
Published on 18 April 2012 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars eat your lunch!
I ordered this book for my three-year-old granddaughter based on a review and the fact that the three animals (bear, crocodile and wolf) come close behind the Gruffalo in her list of fascinating and terrifying creatures. She liked the book but I was a bit disappointed with how short it was - this could be an advantage for busy parents but I prefer something we can spend a...
Published 18 months ago by maggiefb

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely age 4 - 5 book, 18 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
here's a little girl who's just too busy to eat her lunch (I have one just like her) so she lets the bear, the crocodile and the wolf eat it and guess what - by tea time she's really hungry! Makes th point to the "Mummy I'm too busy now" brigade far better than I can. I thought it might be too young for my five year old but she saw the joke and loves it and reads it to her friends...

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful picture book!, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Lunchtime (Hardcover)
I've been looking for a proper picture book for ages and was delighted to find this on a trip to our local bookshop. So many children's books these days seem to miss what makes childhood so special - the hours of fun that can be had just by using your imagination! I've read it countless times already to two young girls who always ask to hear it again. they loved the way the animals appeared as if by magic, and begged me to tell them whether they were real or not; the illustrations are so quirky and adorable. I'd recommend this to anyone who's looking for a refreshing change to yet more unimaginative fairy books - this is a really super book and I enjoyed it nearly as much as the children did

5.0 out of 5 stars eat up, 22 Mar 2012
Owl "Ollie" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a simple book covering the topic of getting children to eat. The children loved the story especially the animals in it and it lead to many discussions of whether they came across animals under their table. It also helped explain how we would feel hungry if we did not eat. This is a good book with an easy method of explaining why we need food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 22 Mar 2012
Cath B - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my 3 year old (who is most definitely a very particular eater!). In the story, a young girl doesn't want to eat her lunch as she's too busy playing (an overwhelmingly familiar scenario!) so her imagined helpmates lend a hand. The story is beautifully drawn (a particularly good crocodile) and my son really enjoyed it. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Lunchtime (Hardcover)
As someone who never ate lunch when I was supposed to, and used to think up all kinds of excuses for leaving the table, I utterly loved this book - and my (much) younger cousins did too. It's a deceptively simple tale, done with a lovely sense of humour and a spot-on understanding of a child's view of the world. The book is very easy to read and even better for acting out with young children. We all had fun pretending to be the animals at the table - particularly when they're reacting with comic horror to the girl's idea of what they might like to eat!

Definitely a treat to snap up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly simple picture book, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lunchtime (Kindle Edition)
This is a wonderfully simple story about the importance of eating one's lunch, although the "lesson" is so well concealed within the charming story, that it doesn't seem like a lesson at all. The pictures are equally charming, with a cast of four -- the little girl and three loveable animals. The Mum in the story is subtly depicted in just one picture as a pointing hand. The story is written in the first person, and I like to think that it is indeed autobiographical as the little girl is seen painting pictures which resemble the animals which Rebecca Cobb has created for the story. I think young children will enjoy it all as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a fussy 3 year old!, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lunchtime (Hardcover)
My three year old daughter loves this book and I will often say a crocodile will eat her lunch if she doesnt hurry up! Beautifully written with lovely illustrations. Would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars So simple but effective, 18 Mar 2012
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Read five times yesterday with a toddler not too far from three year old. With only a handful of words on each page much emphasis is needed from the reader to keep the excitement going. My son was more fascinated with the wolf not finishing his apple! The pictures are lovely and the story is typical of any child engrossed in their activities.

As an adult I wasn't that keen on the white background as it just looked like too much white space but this does make the illustrations stand out. I also felt that one second the animals weren't there and the next they were under the table - it just jumped. But the little fella enjoyed it so never mind.

For a toddler to be read to, then it is a nice story but you'll need plenty more as it only takes minutes to get from cover to cover even if you're talking about the illustrations. However, for when he is a little older and starting words on his own then I think this will be a good one as there's not much writing on each page. Really nice and one I can see being used when we only have a few minutes to spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lunchtime (Paperback)
Beautiful, quirky illustrations and a lovely interpretation of the imagination of a little girl and her reluctance to eat her dinner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lunchtime book, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lunchtime (Paperback)
Very well written my 5 yr old loves the story and pictures are very well done I can see why they won an award for this book recommended to all

Lunchtime
Lunchtime by Rebecca Cobb (Paperback - 31 Jan 2013)