on 11 June 2001
All three of my children have loved this book and I now use it for work.Children love to feel the pages, they join in with the text line "I won't bite" thats repeated on every page and are always excited when they reach the last page regardless of how many times they have read it. It's a timeless classic. I enjoy reading it as much now as i did 10 years ago.
on 11 June 2001
The touchy feely pages throughout this book make it a delight for children of all ages. The repitition makes it ideal for early language aquisition and literacy skills. But the main thing that the children enjoyed was the surprise at the end. No matter how many times we read it to my youngest, he still got a fright every time! The hard back version is a must if your children are like mine though, We read this book so often a paperback would never have withstood so much handelling.
on 1 July 2000
Both of my daughters have absolutely loved this 'touch and feel' book, and will still react every time to the surprise ending. A must for any childs library.
on 7 October 2009
My grand daughter, aged 20 months, loves this book and is very amused when the crocodile 'catches' her finger. When his mouth is shut, she kisses him on the nose and wants to go through the book again. I read a review that a child had been scared of the book and so was a little nervous at giving it to her but, perhaps because we laughed,she thinks it is the greatest book out and brings it to look at every time, which is almost daily, that she visits us. I think all Rod Campbell books are perfect for young children.
on 23 June 2011
I bought this for my daughter who was just under 18 months and it was soon one of her favourites, within a few days of reading it she would say the last line of every page 'I won't bite'. A lovely book perfect for little fingers to feel the different textures, learn different animals and a great book to interact with.

Overall I would definitely highly recommend you buy this book!
on 16 February 2011
I bought this book based on the previous positive reviews and I am not disappointed.
My baby is 17 months old and she loves it. She keeps bringing it to me so we pass the pages together and she LOVES getting to the end surprise.
It has been non-stop fun in the last few weeks.
I would highly recommend.
on 20 July 2011
My 14 month old daughter loves books like this, but she knows when she reaches the penultimate page what's coming next, and goes and stands a foot away so the crocodile cant get her! She still gets it off the shelf though to read again!
on 12 September 2010
Rod Campbell books are always popular in our house. The simplisity of the pictures make this book easy for my daughter to enjoy and learn from. The scary ending is also always look forward to.
on 18 September 2010
A lovely sturdy little touch & feel book with a surprise ending. Bought for my granddaughter of 17 months, she enjoys it every time - anticipating the ending is all part of the fun.
on 14 September 2011
My two year old loves this book and repeatedly asks for it to be read to him. He never seems to tire of the surprise ending!