5.0 out of 5 stars FIFTH AND FINAL BOOK IN A LANDMARK SERIES.
To gain full enjoyment out of this book you do need to have read the previous four
Cazalet Chronicles by Elizabeth Jane Howard.

This volume opens with the death of the Duchy. It is 1956 and with the passing of the
old lady the life of privelege found in the earlier chronicles comes to an end also.

The author does a brilliant job of...
Published 19 months ago by Mrs. C. Swarfield

3.0 out of 5 stars fifth book detailing the lives of the Cazalet family...
All Change by Elizabeth Jane Howard for me was a good read which brought me back to the lives of the Cazalet family which I first met in the first book of this wonderful series. If you are a fan of this series or just want an old fashioned look at a family who are there for each other in times of need. For me I felt I enjoyed this book so much more since I read the...
Published 16 months ago by Petra just a girl who loves to...

‹ Previous | 16 7 836 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the rest, 8 Oct. 2014
I was really looking forward to this & in places it deserved 4 stars. However there were too many characters, I totally lost which child was related to whom & by about halfway through I couldn't have cared less!! The ending was really disappointing, I actually turned the page expecting more & was gutted! Some things are tied up but most aren't, I'm glad I didn't pay full price!

4.0 out of 5 stars All change, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: All Change (Cazalet Chronicles) (Hardcover)
It was so long since I have read the previous books in the series that I had problems getting to know the characters again,
With the use of the list at the beginning this was soon overcome and I enjoyed reading what happened to the family in the next generation. Sad to be reading this at the same time as Elizabeth Howard's death, and to realise that the Cazalets stop here.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 3 Aug. 2014
I have read both good and bad reviews of Elizabeth Jane Howard's final book. I loved the first four and am puzzled by those who have not liked the fifth. I am sorry there can be no more as should have loved more from this oh so perceptive writer. But sadly even she cannot write from beyond the grave. This whole series is a wonderfully evocative saga of a lost era. Loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad it's the end of the Cazalet chronicles, 10 May 2014
Pen (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
Having read all the other books in the series I loved this one just as much as the others and there are wonderfully funny bits in it like the others. Sad it's the end of the family saga and there is quite a question mark left at the end about what is going to happen but I suppose we will never know as it is the last book and not likely to be any more of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyable read, 11 Sept. 2014
I have just finished all five of the Cazalet Chronicles. What I enjoyed most was that I felt I got to know the different individuals in the book and enjoyed all of their stories. I really loved having 5 books to read and found it very relaxing to slip into this other world. Not life changing or that thought provoking but well written and very enjoyable.

3.0 out of 5 stars All Change, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: All Change (Cazalet Chronicles) (Hardcover)
A pleasant enough read, but I did not enjoy it nearly so much as the previous Cazalet Chronicles. I suspect the author was asked to add this to the series by the publishers, and while hardly unputdownable was worth continuing with as the author is gifted and even a not so good book is still better than the best work of a weaker author.

5.0 out of 5 stars a worthy update to the story, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: All Change (Cazalet Chronicles) (Hardcover)
Having read the previous books in the series I was looking forward to this book. The reviews I read before I received it were not very good,so I am delighted to be able to report that this book is excellent.Admittedly there may be minor errors but I don't find them important enough to worry about. Don't be put off-buy it and enjoy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Part five of an absorbing series partly depicting the rapid ..., 2 Jan. 2015
Part five of an absorbing series partly depicting the rapid social changes brought about with the event of World War 2 and the consequences it had on the existing " class system " particularly on those who were members who , through success in trade , had become part of a "privileged class " prior to that war .

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: All Change (Cazalet Chronicles) (Hardcover)
I loved the earlier Cazalet Chronicles; It feels really wrong to in any way criticise the writing of an elderly lady who died very shortly after publication, but "All Change" is not quite up to the very high standards she set herself with th earlier books. The Light Years is one of my favourite books of all time though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Dec. 2013
I thought I'd find it difficult to remember the characters and twists and turns from the earlier books but it all came flooding back. Be nice to have another one. Preferably next week. Anyone who hasn't read any of the Cazalet Chronicles should start at number one and have their best sofa winter ever. Let it snow!

‹ Previous | 16 7 836 | Next ›

All Change (Cazalet Chronicles)
All Change (Cazalet Chronicles) by Elizabeth Jane Howard (Hardcover - 7 Nov. 2013)