5.0 out of 5 stars i'm not scary
Published on 7 Oct. 2009 by Lynndiloops

1.0 out of 5 stars Too scarey for little 'uns
I bought this for my 22 month grandson, ho loves the Rod Campbell books and i thought he would love this one too. Lots of textures and lovely pictures but the last page was a step too far with the biggest and blackest spider i have ever seen. He was terrified even though i opened the pages carefully knowing what was coming.
Published on 20 Dec. 2008 by Ms Linda A. Hemming

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars i'm not scary, 7 Oct. 2009
Lynndiloops "lynn" (Monk Fryston, North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Not Scary PB (Paperback)
My grand daughter took this book home with her and loves it. She is only 20 months old and although she is gentle with books, it is so well looked at that two of the spiders legs have needed sellotape to repair them. She thinks the spider is wonderful and can't wait to get to the back of the book and hopefully she will not be worried by actual spiders in the future. Rod Campbell really understands children and all his books are greatly read both at my home and at Megan's home. I have two young grandsons who will also grow into these books and we are now building up quite a library of them. I recommend all of them but this one and 'I wont bite' need to be read by the adult first so that they are not surprised by the jump outs at the back and can thus initially laugh with the child. I have found that this has made both these books firm favourites with Megan.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too scarey for little 'uns, 20 Dec. 2008
Ms Linda A. Hemming (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for early book lovers, 12 Feb. 2011
This review is from: I'm Not Scary PB (Paperback)
My grandson first loved this book when he was about 15 to 18 months old. The book invites the children to touch the textured pictures (snail, beetle dragonfly etc), because they are not scary. The last page is a big pop-out spider -touch me if you dare.

I've just bought a new copy for my grand-daughter, because the spider has come adrift after much use.She's just a year old, but I will save it until she has a bit more language.

A great book for turning toddlers into young book lovers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and interactive, 31 Aug. 2010
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I'm Not Scary! (Touch & Feel) (Board book)
Having loved Rod's previous titles, I have to admit a love of his quirky nature backed up with a sense of anything can happen. Here in this, his latest offering, is a story with a touch and feel element that children will love as it's definitely different. Chock full of fun (not just for the child buy the adult as well) but above all else it's the interactive element that keeps it fascinating as the child learns by touch as well as feeling the different textures. A great offering with fun for all and a real gem to add to any young child's bookshelf. You'll be pleased that you did as it will be requested time and time again. Great stuff.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Scarey for my 2 year old, 15 Mar. 2012
This review is from: I'm Not Scary! (Touch & Feel) (Board book)
My little girl loves all of Rod Campbells other titles like Busters Farm & ABC Zoo and currently wants me to read them over and over every night. However she freaked out when she saw the spider at the end and started to cry. Although the book clearly has new words to for little one's to learn such as scratchy, Slimy etc its just a bit too scarey for my toddler.Thi book like many other Rod Campbell's book have many touch and feel pages.. I loved the book my little girl did'nt :-)
- I hope this review helps others whith children within the same age group.

5.0 out of 5 stars The scary spider!!, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: I'm Not Scary! (Touch & Feel) (Board book)
I bought this book for my 15 month granddaughter, as she loves the paperback version, but I felt it would soon get torn. The story with flaps is exactly the same fun, hide and seek features as the paperback, but the scary spider is more robust! It's not a pop up spider, which I must admit makes the story fun, but it's more suitable for the toddler age range. I still use it under supervision at this age, but feel a younger child who cares about books could be left alone to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars For balance..., 9 Dec. 2007
Unlike the previous reviewer, my 17 month old daughter thinks the spider on the last page of the book is hilarious! This is by far her favorite book; she pulls it off the shelf and makes a big production of feigning being afraid and then laughs and laughs and laughs. So I'd say it really depends on the temperament of the child. I am actually on line to by another copy because our poor spider is somewhat the worse for wear!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book to amuse pre-schoolers, 28 Oct. 2010
This review is from: I'm Not Scary! (Touch & Feel) (Board book)
I have read a few of the reviews and can't believe the average is not higher. We have just borrowed this book from the library this week and my son absolutely loves it. He giggles and giggles when we reach the final pages. I didn't read this book ahead in advance, so wasn't prepared for it myself. It was lovely to share in the giggles. Will be getting this book for my son for Christmas- we love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars If your little one likes surprises and spiders!, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: I'm Not Scary PB (Paperback)
My 16 month son loves this book, and we have had to take it out of the library many times. Unfortunately this book isn't as 'hard back ' and sturdy as the one we borrowed and the spider legs on the end page soon got ripped ( although my son is not too rough with pullout books in general) . We soon fixed it by using pipe cleaners instead for legs! A lovely story for young children.

3.0 out of 5 stars A touch and rip book, 4 May 2008
A. Shepherd (UK) - See all my reviews
Everytime I get the book out for my 15 month old, I also get out the sellotape and glue. The flaps and the spider on the last page are so flimsily made that they are pulled off in a second. The spider is great, and my son loves it, but it has no legs left such is the temptation to give them a good pull.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I'm Not Scary! (Touch & Feel)
I'm Not Scary! (Touch & Feel) by Rod Campbell (Board book - 3 Sept. 2010)
Used & New from: £0.35