5.0 out of 5 stars Aww, i love this.
Just ordered this as my five year old got it from her school library and asked me to read it to her at bedtime.

Its a nice, short story about a little girl and her adventures with her paper dolls.

I'm a 6ft 2 hairy fella, and was not expecting to be caught off guard by this, but the last five pages had me welling up.

Anyway, I will be...
Published 20 months ago by The Pink Shirt Platypus

3.0 out of 5 stars Charming, but not compelling
This story is nowhere near Julia Donaldson at her best. It simply doesn't touch the likes of the Gruffalo, Tiddler, etc.

It's a very sweetly illustrated story about a little girl who plays with her paper chain dolls in all sorts of different imaginative scenarios, until they are eventually snipped into pieces by a little boy with a pair of scissors. But, fear...
Published 21 months ago by Kate

5.0 out of 5 stars Aww, i love this., 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Hardcover)

Anyway, I will be making paper dolls with the young un tomorrow and looking forward to this coming in the post.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful story!, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Hardcover)
I love this story as do my children. We have been inspired to make our own paper dolls and let them go on their own adventures. Reading other reviews I am pleased to see I'm not alone in my emotional reaction to the last few pages, it's a truly wonderful book with lovely illustrations. We also liked looking for the butterfly on each page to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely, 17 July 2013
His mother (Bergamo, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Hardcover)
Very very very beautiful book. Give it to any child. Lovely illustrations and a good way to look at what happens when things end. V different to other Donaldson books. It worked as a small christening present (I bought it in hardback). Bit old perhaps for my four year old, but we'll get there

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 25 Feb 2013
Mrs. P. C. Mcquillen (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Hardcover)
Read this to my class of 4 and 5 year olds and they loved it. It was very moving and afterwards we all made paper dolls and danced with them

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 May 2014
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Paperback)
I adore this picture book. The story is beautiful, moving, fun and magical and the illustrations are simply exquisite. A book to treasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit, 11 May 2014
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Paperback)
Another hit by Julia Donaldson. Bought for my two year old daughter and not only does she love the story but it also brought a tear to my eye. Lovely story and great animation

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read (as a child or adult), 2 May 2014
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Paperback)
My 2 y.o. Loved it, but is too young to understand the deeper meaning. Several of Julia's books have a deeper subtext but this is one of the best. Some pages make me laugh, some I fight back the tears, and some both.

IMO this book will win several awards, it's superb. There is a lot of room for discussion with older kids, about impermanence, memories, losing something or someone, so it works on many levels at once. Plus, we're going to make some dollies this weekend ;o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational book and gorgeous presentation!, 23 April 2014
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Paperback)
Initially, we have borrowed this book from the library. After reading it, we literally fell in love with it and had to own our own copy. What a creative story and an inspiration for making our paper dolls of our own!

5.0 out of 5 stars PRECIOUS!!, 4 April 2014
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Paperback)
I love this story!! this book will suprise you from the beginning till the end.
Julia Donaldson's book are always a sucess!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story that children love, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Paperback)
This is a wonderful story with loads of opportunities for discussion and extension. Also there is good scope for developing phonological awareness. Highly recommended!

The Paper Dolls
The Paper Dolls by Julia Donaldson (Hardcover - 11 Oct 2012)
4.40