4.0 out of 5 stars A Dinotastic Night In, 9 Jun 2010
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dinosaur Sleepover (Paperback)
In a world where children are worried about different things, its quite rare for an author to present the young reader with an offering that allows them to learn about what to expect prior to the event. Here, we see a sleepover where things are explained to a dinosaur by his owner and backed up with some really beautiful artwork. Its quirky, it's fun but above all it will be a story that will endear itself to young readers and adults alike. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars very apt, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Dinosaur Sleepover (Paperback)
My granddaughter is coming to stay...reluctantly...this has helped smooth the way and make the whole prospect more bearable for us all

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for anxiety about sleeping over somewhere else, 13 Sep 2012
sweetnativewoman (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dinosaur Sleepover (Hardcover)
My 3 1/2 year old absolutely loves this book. She's had us read it to her every night for the last two weeks, except last night when she read it to herself.

I love that the dinasour is the one that is nervous about going somewhere for the night and the little boy reassures him that everything will be alright. When I read the dinasour's words, I say it in a scared/worried/anxious voice so my daughter can see that we all feel this way sometimes. Then I read the boy's remarks as light and reassuring, at some bits with humour or laughter in my voice.

She has really taken to this book and the illustrations are beautiful. She does actions as I'm reading this book, like pointing to her sparkly white teeth, and she loves reading the note on the refrigerator. I think this empowers her to feel more secure that my husband and myself will always be there to pick her up from nanny's or a friend's house when she's old enough to stay overnight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bedtime story, 10 Oct 2014
This review is from: Dinosaur Sleepover (Paperback)
My son loves this story. It is his current favourite bedtime story. The book is beautiful my illustrated

Dinosaur Sleepover
Dinosaur Sleepover by Pamela Duncan Edwards (Hardcover - 7 May 2010)
Used & New from: £7.40