5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations - a real child-pleaser!
Published on 15 April 2009 by K. Johnstone

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Having bought and read other Emily Gravett books, I was disappointed with Dogs. The illustrations are fantastic but there is very little text. Would be suitable for pre school children.
Published 18 months ago by Sunny

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations - a real child-pleaser!, 15 April 2009
K. Johnstone - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dogs (Hardcover)
I purchased this book for my nearly two-years-old and 3.5 years old nephews, and they both enjoyed it equally - they asked me to read it to them again and again! The images are lively, have a sense of movement, and the "story" is simple and easy to follow. I love the expressions on the different dogs' faces. It was even enjoyable for me to read (over and over again)! I highly recommend this book. It's sure to be a hit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a dog fan, am a DOGS fan., 9 Mar. 2009
V. Carlin (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dogs (Hardcover)
I don't even like dogs, but surely Emily Gravett's books for children are the most beautiful books around. Witty, but not in a way that excludes very young children, the text is also lovely and short for that third bedtime story when your voice is getting hoarse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely illustrations for children who love dogs, 9 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Dogs (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book with super illustrations of different breeds of dog. My 7 year old daughter loves dogs and she adores this book. It has enabled her to draw all sorts of kinds of dogs and she loves the simple story. It is suitable for ages 3 to 8 and both my girls love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pictures, keeps my child interested, 17 Jan. 2010
R. Bates - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dogs (Paperback)
The pictures are simple yet lovely with all the dogs characters clearly coming across for my child to get excited about all the pictures.
It is a lovely book and I love the pictures but the only down side if your buying this for a child is that it isn't as bright and colourful as some books which for me I love, but for my three year old its not often his first choice on the bookshelf if he is sat looking at books by himself. But to sit down and look at together it is great.
There are often many giggles and pretend barks from my three year old at bedtime when we share this story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the reader and the readee, 8 Feb. 2012
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dogs (Paperback)
I love Emily Gravett, her use of bright colours, wonderful illustrations and a clever choice of words makes her books an instant buy for me as an Uncle. I love her, my nephews love her and most of all she's an author who always gives you something imaginative as well as creative no matter the subject within. Finally add to this a great sense of pace a story that will amuse as well as fire the imagination and I've had many a fun time spending time drawing and colouring different animals with my nephews alongside creating our own version. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ending, 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Dogs (Kindle Edition)
We liked the expression ‘I love any dog as long as it doesn't chase me. '. It is nice to love any dog especially when you are the author of this book!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Sept. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 July 2012
This review is from: Dogs (Board book)
LOVE this book. Beautiful illustrations, I would give anything to get a print. I you love dogs then perfect buy, something to interest you as well as bubs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable dogs, 29 Dec. 2011
Parents in Touch - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dogs (Board book)
I loved the picture book, so it's great to see this issued as a board book, so the very youngest children can enjoy it. I have never seen dogs with such a wonderful range of expressions on their faces! The simple story line is complemented by the wonderful pencil and watercolour illustrations - I love the hairy dog shaking. I wonder if you can decide which dog you love the best? It's hard, they are all so adorable. Children will love to have this read over and over again and adults will be happy to oblige.

4.0 out of 5 stars it's good., 29 Nov. 2009
Dervla Murphy - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dogs (Hardcover)
I suppose i thought the script would have more character-the script is minimal and very tame, not much fun. i'll say it's not a bed time story book but a lovely book all the same. The images are beautifully made-wonderful...might be a nice introduction for kids to think and learn to enjoy dogs(as a comedy act) without having to deal w. em full-on!

Dogs
Dogs by Emily Gravett (Hardcover - 6 Feb. 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01