5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for 2-yr-old boy!, 14 May 2010
This review is from: Emergency Rescue! (Hardcover)
This book has been a HUGE hit with our two-year-old boy. I recommend it very highly. I picked up this book on a trip away from home. I thought he would like the pop-up vehicles. He sure does! He is now about 2.5 yo, and we have read it every single night for months. Beyond the pop-up vehicles, this book is really rich. There are pictures tucked inside the vehicles (a birthday cake in the fire engine, doughnuts in the police car, a little mouse), and interesting scenes with charming animals on every page. My son does not just read this book--he crafts his own narratives, which we discuss each night, about the different scenes (why is the monkey picking up the penguin with the crane? why the elephant firefighter is blowing water from his trunk _and_ from the hose, etc). So it is a great learning item, as well as just enormously engrossing and engaging (I am a teacher, so I really appreciate this aspect). This is hands-down the book our son has liked more than any book he has ever had (and he has a lot). If you are looking for a book for a 2 year old boy, you could not do better than this. I would like to say a huge thank-you to the author and illustrator, for giving us all so many hours of joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for kids and their parents, 29 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Emergency Rescue! (Hardcover)
My two year old son adores this book and gets very excited at the emergency vehicles. We enjoy reading the story together and looking for what's going on in the background

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for ages 1+, 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Emergency Rescue! (Hardcover)
I've been reading this book to my son nearly every night for 12 months! Whilst I would happily never set eyes on it again, my son still asks for it every night without fail(he's two and a half). The book has grown with him and every night he notices somwthing else going on in the background.

There's a mouse (and a snack) hidden in every emergency vehicle and there's a bee on every page! He just loves it, I know he's going to carry on asking for it every night for quite some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant pop-ups and well written rhyme, 31 July 2011
This review is from: Emergency Rescue! (Hardcover)
A great book for children aged 2 and over. A fun one to read out loud, its the lovely pop ups that set it apart.

Emergency Rescue!
Emergency Rescue! by Jonathan Emmett (Hardcover - 2 Jan. 2009)
Used & New from: £0.59