5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Exam Preparation Guide
Being a final year student at university and about to take my final set of exams I have recently searched Amazon for some guide books. I have been on the borderline of a 1st class degree so this exam period mattered considerably.

Published on 6 May 2009 by Jamie

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special
This book is promises much and delivers little. They are a few good tips but they are hidden in an enormous amount of unneccessary padding. How soya milk and isoflavins aid memory are not important. This book fails to instruct readers how to do well in exams. Okay. But flick through it at the bookshop rather than buying it.
Published on 12 July 2010 by sean harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Exam Preparation Guide, 6 May 2009
Jamie (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Exam Skills Handbook (Palgrave Study Skills) (Paperback)

After reading a few books and picking up many helpful tips, I would recommend almost all. This book has however proved to be the most crucial to exam success. In no way difficult, this book is useful, relevant and concise. A must for any college or university student, plus an absolute bargain price, would have paid up to 20 for this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea!, 11 Jan 2010
Rachel V. Armstrong (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a brilliant book when you are struggling to find more interesting ways to revise or prepare for exams. A lot of us will just read the text book continuously hoping that eventually you will miraculously know everything.
This book provides alternative methods of revising, some excellent exam tips and can help put you at ease when you are extremely worried about the exam.
I have only given 4* as some of the information just seems like it is stating the obvious.
It is a must buy for anybody who is slightly concerned about the exams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exam skills books, 2 May 2010
Book arrived in excellent condition. Gives very useful tips on how to study well for an exam. Would recommend this book to anyone. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 10 Jun 2011
I was a last minute crammer and it really helped me with how to maintain a strong attitude in my preparation, managing your demons and performing well on the day. The tips were excellent guides. What I particularly found useful was the page cross referencing system through out the chapters, so rather than reading the book cover to cover you would just access the bits you needed when you needed them. Quick, fast and to the point. It also had very useful guides on what to expect when stressed and how to cope with that. The section on the '5 point plan for peak performance' was my starting point and a life safer, it got me through my exams. The book delivers what it says on the tin.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good place to start, 27 Oct 2010
I bought this book for my boyfriend who has this year started University. Having spent the three years beforehand on college courses assessed by coursework, he was a little daunted by the fact that he would be sitting exams this year. According to him, this book has been indispensable - and although it can't tell you how to pass exams, it does put you in a good place to start by teaching you exam revision techniques, time management and showing you how to approach an exam.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 4 Dec 2009
Recommended to all A Level students and beyond
Lots of tips and tricks on exams and how to handle them

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book from Palgrave as usual, 12 Jan 2014
A Wilkin - See all my reviews
I love all the palgrave study skills books, because they are easy to understand and provide you with great skills and tasks in the book that help you to learn these study skills. I always recommend them to my friends who are also studying at both college and at university. This book was another great product that is really helping me with my revision and preparation. If you're thinking of buying it, I'd give it a shot, it's worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exam skills handbook, 16 Dec 2012
JennyFromTheBlock "Jen" (Holmfirth, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Need this for my psychology degree to help me,k so far so good! Fast delivery too. I got loads of Stella Cottrell books for the same purpose and they are great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exam Skills Handbook Review, 7 May 2012
Andrew J. Daly "Bookworum" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Not bad for the price but seems a bit dry and would benefit from a make-over with the inclusion of some colour and images to brighten it up a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exam Skills handbook, 21 Feb 2012
Loved the book, easy to read=))
Also, I've found a lot of situations been covered in here, which basically showed where are my weakest points are.
Of course, if you won't follow their advice, or you have your own methods they only greet it with welcome!
As any students have got his or hers own aproach.
I loved it, gonna make some alterations and hopefully, soon enough I'll get my first top marks;)

The Exam Skills Handbook (Palgrave Study Skills)
The Exam Skills Handbook (Palgrave Study Skills) by Dr Stella Cottrell (Paperback - 3 Nov 2006)
Used & New from: 0.01